1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate control panel issue

supersam84 Mar 24, 2014

1. supersam84

supersam84 New Member

Hi,

I am new to this forum so first off hi,

I have searched the forum for an answer to my problem but I can't seem to find one.

Basicly I have a 2001 A3 TDI and I like to keep it looking nice so I thought I would replace my worn cliamate control panel with a nice looking one but when I did the new one would'nt work so I put the old one back in and now that one does not work :think:

I am confused and now I do not have any heating in my car. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated I am guessing diagnostics is going to be the next step?

Any way thanks in advance

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Hi mate... yeah, a scan using VCDS is recommended at this point...

<tuffty/>

3. supersam84

supersam84 New Member

Yeah thought so I will try and track down someone with VCDS thanks mate

4. supersam84

supersam84 New Member

Right I have managed to hook my car up to vcds and the guy that did it said that vcds could not communicate with module 8 wich I am told is the aircon unit. I tried 2 climate control modules and it will not comminicate with either of them.

If anyone could point me in the right direction of what to next it would be great?

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

not anything silly like a fuse?

<tuffty/>

6. supersam84

supersam84 New Member

No I have checked the fuses by the steering whee and they are all good. Are there any more for the climate control?