1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate control observation

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Mike.M, May 2, 2013.

1. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[May 2, 2013]
    Has anyone noticed that when climate control (CC) is on auto, when I put my windscreen washers on and hold so washers come on.......the CC boosts in fan speed and calms down after a few seconds when arms have finished their wipe action.

Anyone else noticed?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Mike_B

Mike_B Active Member

[May 2, 2013]
    It's actually closing the vent while the washers operate.
  4. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[May 2, 2013]
    Ahhh..........i was starting to think that I had a short somewhere.

Just thought it was weird as the fan speed increases and can also be seen on the control panel..........suppose it is trying to protect the windscreen from the temp change

Cheers
  5. benjie

benjie Active Member

[May 2, 2013]
    I noticed it too. It's the recirculating motor I thnk, trying to prevent washer fluid smell from entering the cabin.
  6. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

[May 2, 2013]
    Does anyone elses climate control unit grunt away after they stop the car and remove the key? Mine continues to make noises for ages after I remove the key, always has done! It's a bit iffy, I know a motor flappy thing is misbehaving too.
  7. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[May 3, 2013]
    Mine does not grunt LOL but does mmmmmm quietly about three times and stops.
  8. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

[May 3, 2013]
    mine sounds like a planes turbone engine shutting down when I switch the car off, sounds cool as ****....

I haven't noticed mine changing when I put my wipers on, and I don't get a screenwash smell in the cabin either.
  9. neddynasty

neddynasty New Member

[May 3, 2013]
    I noticed the fan speed picking up too when I use the washers. Thought it was a problem for a while and then figured it must be a feature.

I think I might have a problem with my Climate Control though. I've noticed the lights flashing on it occasionally. Like it turns itself off for a second and them back on. Happens at random and only ever see it out of the corner of my eye. Not sure if the radio does the same.