climate control motor flaps

VagCabby

Reaction score
Hi, me again regarding my friends cabriolet. Chasing a few niggley faults with the car. Most things are done but one thing which isn't working is the control for the heater/AC. None of the motors are operating to change between feet air, center air vents or windscreen. The only motor which seems to be working is the recirculation flap. I've had the glove box out and run basic setting test on VCDS and I've managed to get all the motors to move on the output test, problem is they don't move every time and when they do they seem to.move very slowly (WD40 has been applied but no joy) Pressing the buttons on the climate control does nothing. Is there a control module for the motors or could it be a faulty climate control unit?

I've found a few things about it but I'm just abit confused as to why I could get them moving with VCDS but not even a twitch when pressing the buttons on the climate. May swap them with my ones and see if they work on his car. Just strange how all 3 aren't working.

Is it worth trying another climate control unit (maybe from yours?) I agree in that it's odd all three don't work....