climate control air con

gaz4410

Reaction score
i have just getting round to fitting my replacement climate control with heated seat controls,

i have tried to use my aircon but it seams to be going some were else and not coming through the vents, when i put my origanal one back in the aircon works fine ?
any help advise would be great.

are both the units the same style? The pre & post facelift control units are not interchangable.

yes they are both the same units both manufactured in 2007 the only difference is the one i purchased has the controls for the heated seat function.

Thats odd. Dont know if there are any members near you with VCDS to run a scan to see if the replacement one registers any faults.

They may look the same, but doesnt mean they are, whats the part numbers of both?

Also when fitting another climate you have to do the basic settings in module 08.

They may look the same, but doesnt mean they are, whats the part numbers of both?

Also when fitting another climate you have to do the basic settings in module 08.

thanks for the quick reply

the origanal part number is 8PO820043AC manufactured on 31 03 07

the replacement with heated seats is 8PO820043AH manufactured on the 06 08 07.

what is module 08 ? also when i get round to fitting my heated seats will i need to do a basic set up for them.

You see the problem is, in 07 mid to late they changed the system minimally, so as your original is beginning of 07 & new is late then its possible you have a facelift version without the alum trim bits they added in 08, because they did do the same visually looking unit, that did infact work on the facelift heater system.

You really need the same model to replace yours or earlier tbh.

The possible reason why your newer unit isnt working correctly is due to needing a basic setting enabled or its a newer facelift unit that doesnt power the 2nd motor to move the flap properly, hence why its not working as should.

Last edited:
I've just been reading coling's thread about his 3.2 sb

I think his is an 05 and he has face lifted the climate unit and has, he says, no Issues, everything working as it should!

luck of the draw?