Clicking noise from outside

Shane188

Reaction score
Can anybody help me please? I'm getting a fairly loud clicking noise coming from somewhere underneath my car when I let off the accelerator (it's just one click every time I let off), and I also have to be in gear and moving for it to happen, it's a lot easier to hear when moving slow and in somewhere that echoes like a multi storey car park. I wasn't sure if it was some sort of solenoid sound. Any help or advise would be much appreciated, thanks guys and gals.......Oh and by the way it's a 2007 S3 8p

Hi fouryoghurts, thanks for the reply :)unfortunately im not massively mechanically minded with cars, my knowledge is limited and im still learning the car lol, where and how would I find the torque reaction bush and is it a hard job to fix?

Do you have a standard exhaust? If so it's the flap in the exhaust, all perfectly normal mine did this before I changed to BCS :)

Yeah the exhaust is standard, and to be honest it does sound as if it was coming from the rear end of the car

Thanks guys, that's put my mind at rest. Really appreciate the help :)

Hi rustybucket, I notice in your profile pic that you've had your car at r-tech, did they map it for you, and if so what are their prices and work like? it's just I've been recommended to them by a friend of mine as I'm looking to get mine remapped.