1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning the engine bay

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by GlasgowRangers, Nov 24, 2008.

1. GlasgowRangers

GlasgowRangers GlasgowRangersFC

[Nov 24, 2008]
    Ok. So what is the best way to clean the engine bay? If I were to use a pressure washer on it would it have any negative effects on the engine? Don't want to end up knackering the electrics or turbo or any other 'sensitive' parts. It is looking very grubby and I'm thinking about how to clean it up well.

Your thoughts?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Nov 24, 2008]
    Use Meguiars All Purpose cleaner with some soft horse hair brushes, you can cover up electrical parts with foil and to rinse just use a hose.
  4. Matt T

Matt T Bumble Bee

[Nov 24, 2008]
    Tesco do some really really cheap APC which is meant to work wonders.

You wont do any damage with a pressure washer, might be wise to bag up any obvious electrics though.
  5. QuickNick

QuickNick Member

[Nov 24, 2008]
  6. boggym

boggym Member

[Nov 24, 2008]
    Did my engine bay a couple of weeks ago. I just sprayed the engine with some Autoglym engine degreaser, brushed some of the dirtier bits and then rinsed it off with just an open ended hose. Came up a treat. Didn't cover any of the electrics and had no problems whatsoever.