1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cleaning the chrome window trim

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by imported_kris_tdi, Apr 5, 2005.

1. as above it looks foggy, tried a bit of polish on it but it didnt do anything, any suggestions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What about solvol autosol available from Halfords? Or any chrome cleaner?

4. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

I wouldn't go for metal polish. Isn't the chrome plastic coated?

5. yeah i think it is coated plastic, why i was wary of using even paint polish on it.

6. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

Listen guys i swear by autoglym, I used to have a set off chrome wheels and used alloy wheel seal, its in a spray can and you can use it on your allos if you dont like it, it sprays a white mist which you just rub once to finish the job!!

7. Lowride

Lowride Member

Definetly put some polish on mate, if it does`nt get u the right results use some polish with a bit of cut in it. It would be very hard to damage the chrome trim using polish

8. dreddg

dreddg Member

Hi all

I am also experiencing the same problem with my roof rails...I have tried autosol and car polish but no joy

I was thinking about using wire wool....what do you reckon???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

9. madvw

madvw Active Member

dont know if its a plastic coating or a laquer finish, but wire wool is definately not the way to go.

if it is a laquer, you could try a tcut for metallic cars.

10. dreddg

dreddg Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dont know if its a plastic coating or a laquer finish, but wire wool is definately not the way to go.

if it is a laquer, you could try a tcut for metallic cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mad
    Thanks for the info...i will give it a go, i was also thinking of giving it a go with a polish mop, with the high speed it may clear the fogging....will post my results on here if succesful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif