Cleaning the cabriolet

S4P4UL

Reaction score
I've done the searches on cleaning the cabriolet and renovo and fabsil are the ones what pop up the most, but always seems to be 2009-2011, I was just wondering if there is any more up to date products?Its first time owning a cabriolet, but the previous owner wasn't very good at keeping up with it, the hood is clean and black as it should be, it just seems to soak the water and not repel the water!If I was to hand wash the car, then dry brush off any dirt, can I then use fabsil straight over the dry hood? I'd prefer to use a spray rather then a brush on product Cheers in advance

Ahh.. Sent this off my phone, was ment to be in the b7 section but I suppose its not really chassis specific!!

I used Autoglym when I did my roof shortly after purchasing, comes in a kit: cleaning spray & sealant spray. Instructions are fairly simple. Worked well I thought.

I think the general consensus is that the 303 cleaner and 303 fabric guard are the best cabriolet cleaning products out there. Not heard of fabsil, and I thought renovo was a colourant to restore the hood to an almost new condition. With the cleaners I've used you just spray on the cleaner to a damp room, agitate to a foam all over, rinse, rinse... RINSE... pat dry and spray on the sealer whilst still slightly damp. leave for 24 hours/overnight to settle, job done.

As I've not come across the products you've mentioned I wouldn't like to say exactly how they're used by I imagine they would all adopt a similar principal. Might be worth ringing the detailing company you're thinking of ordering from and ask for directions of use