1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning the arches - with pictures.........

CHRIS555 Oct 4, 2010

1. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Hey, well at the weekend I decided to give the arches a bit of a clean along with the inside of the wheels. I am by no means an expert so I'm sure I'm missing a few tricks but's it's fair to say I was pretty pleased with the results and a little elbow grease!

Here are some before and after pictures - I will be doing this again very soon as it can be quite time consuming and I had to rush it a little as I needed to use the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

thats a big improvement, did you use any special cleaning products?

3. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

i use jet wash and tfr/degreaser.

does make a massive difference

4. CHRIS555

Powersprayed

Some wheel cleaner / degreaser - scrubbed and brushed in

Powersprayed

Then washed with car shampoo and sprayed down again, then degreased again and rinsed down

Finally, used a sanding pad where I could to finish off.

To be honest I just did what I could with the time available to me, but had I put more time into it (ie. a whole day) I could have made it twice as good as I did above!

99% of the job is just good old fashioned elbow grease and hard work but well worth doing!

5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Nice job mate. What cleaner and degreaser did you use?

6. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

yep, i always give my arches a good old clean up everytime i get the wheels off, its good show of pride to clean in all the places you cant see!

7. CHRIS555

Thanks mate - I just used alloy wheel cleaner to be honest - not too much mind!!