Cleaning smic's in situe !?!?

Diddy2480

'06 A4 B7 2.0tfsi QUATTRO
Reaction score
Seeing as im gonna be banging some wrap round my decat and beyond, replacing the N75 and DV..... id noticed oil in my throttle body pipe.... from when the previous turbo blew its **** out and the internal seals....

Now onto the good stuff devising a plan to clean the intercooler system i plan so take off the hose from the turbo and fron the throttle body and blast a degreasing solution through with a jetwash ? Or hose and flush it either way rinse and then force air dry it overnight.... any adverse effects you can think of ? Is there any take off points in between that system i should know... as far as i know all the N75 hoses are local to the turbo and wont be an issue ?

Any input appreciated looking for a way wothout taking the intercoolers or pipework out.....

Thanks -David

I would take them out and clean them. You will do a better job and you hopefully won't end up with any fluid left in the system. The last thing you want is to hydrolock the engine.

Why is there no lazy way :p i feel pretty confident it would dry over >8 hours of forced warm air ? My main concern is any other hoses coming off going to sensors or into other parts of thr engine between coming off the conpression sode of the turbo and then out of the hose which would go to the throttle body ......

Seeing as im gonna be banging some wrap round my decat and beyond, replacing the N75 and DV..... id noticed oil in my throttle body pipe.... from when the previous turbo blew its **** out and the internal seals....

Now onto the good stuff devising a plan to clean the intercooler system i plan so take off the hose from the turbo and fron the throttle body and blast a degreasing solution through with a jetwash ? Or hose and flush it either way rinse and then force air dry it overnight.... any adverse effects you can think of ? Is there any take off points in between that system i should know... as far as i know all the N75 hoses are local to the turbo and wont be an issue ?

Any input appreciated looking for a way wothout taking the intercoolers or pipework out.....

Thanks -David
hi can you do some pic when doing the n75 value as mightt need to replace mine so pic are always a big help for me cheers

I wouldn't be cleaning them in situ. Think of a glass of water with a small pooling at the bottom. How long can that take to dry.

I'd remove both ic's and blast them threw. Use petrol to soak them and then blast them again, use a air line to dry them out and he leave them inside down over night.

Last thing you want is the engine engulfing a load of water, cleaner etc.

While your at it I'd remove as many boost hoses as you can along with the TB and clean them also.

When refitting the TB make sure to use a new gasket and use vcds to do a alignment.

Throttle body gets regular maint and cleans and re alignment whenever i do anything else around the engine im gonna see what i can do with rags shoved in and pick up whatever i can, as far as i can tell now the oil is heavier and has all ended up near the throttle body hose like a catch pot if you will and only occasionally burns off under very hard acceleration.

Martin1984 i will try and get some pics for you

Reactions: martin1984