1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning products.

pwnorman Feb 5, 2005

  1. pwnorman

    pwnorman Member

    Whats the best thing for cleaning alloys and stainless steel exshaust ends.
  2. monty77

    monty77 Member

    [ QUOTE ]
    Whats the best thing for cleaning alloys and stainless steel exshaust ends.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Autosol is excellent for cleaning exhaust ends. I use a product called mc2 multiclean for my alloys. It's made buy a guy called Mark Underwood .. there are group buys on the TT forum every now and then:


  3. gilly35

    gilly35 New Member

    I use National Products alloy wheel cleaner to clean the alloys-but a word of caution-it's very strong and very aggressive. It'll shift the brake dust with ease-however i n=don't leave it on for long. I've never (touches wood) done any damage, but just be careful as some claim it can attack lacquer and paint. I have a mate who sells alloys to all the car accessory/Halfords type outlets-he has a nes A3 with 20" alloys on it- and he says he would never use anything but soap and water on he's wheels! I use it on all our VAG's- we have both original and aftermarket wheels and have never had a problem, but i wouldn't want a finger pointing at me. It's about £14 for 5 litres, thats mega strength. If you dilute it 50/50 with water it's still about the most powerful i've ever used-literally spray on rinse off. It's available from most good automotive refinishing factors. I think its called National Products-they do rubber clenz also for dressing your tyres etc, and polishes/glass cleaners etc. It's what a lot of car valet and car sales companys use. Much less expensive than buying 325ml/500ml wonder wheels at £7-£8 a time.Cheers. Paul
  4. jesters3

    jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

    Yeah Autosol rules. Always use the stuff brings it up a treat. Hellfords do something call Peek IIRC and it is sh!t so watch out.
  5. Naresh

    Naresh Member

    Does anyone know where to get the trye shine product which is applied with a brush by many professional car valets? I think its what the showrooms use and comes in a large container.
  6. bigmoose

    bigmoose Member

    I use Nielson A Sheen. I think that is is an interior polish, but use it on tyres and it is brill. (Pants interior stuff though)

Share This Page