1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cleaning interior

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ImportRacer, Aug 14, 2003.

1. ImportRacer

ImportRacer New Member

I have a 97 A4 with the sport seats. It's not leather and it's not the typical cloth you find in other cars. Wondering what kind of material that is and how to clean it. Can I just clean it the way I would with regular cloth seats?
  2. Drill

Drill Member

Well, if it feels almost like Suede then it's Alcantara. IIRC the consensus on cleaning Alcantara is to brush it clean with a stiff-bristle brush (as you would suede) and if you HAVE to get it wet, do so sparingly, and avoid saturating the fabric.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  3. Drill

Drill Member

[ QUOTE ]
    A4WideBody said:
    Fortunately for you <font color="red">Drill knows his ****</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite possibly the first time these words have been uttered on ASN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thx mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

That is the first time anyone said that about you Drill. The guy obviously hasn't seen your other posts!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Sorry, bud. Couldn't resist, you know I don't mean it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif

AL
  5. Drill

Drill Member

That's OK Al, I revel in my Post-Whore-edness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif