Cleaning Engine Bay

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Morning all,

I fitted new engine covers to my car yesterday and all the dirty caps and bottles stand out a little bit more and I think its time to give them a clean.
243960_10150202100046571_677011570_7361530_5031629_o.jpg

What do you recommend to clean the dip stick, caps of the break fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, washer jet fluid and any other bits I've missed?

Also, My coolant bottle has gone a nasty brown colour, is there any to cover this?

Thanks.

APC mate, just give them a good clean and they should come up good. dress the bay with 303 or something similar to get a nice clean looking bay.

you can take the coolant tank off if you like to clean, is a potch though if you dont want to loose your coolant lol

APC mate, just give them a good clean and they should come up good. dress the bay with 303 or something similar to get a nice clean looking bay.

you can take the coolant tank off if you like to clean, is a potch though if you dont want to loose your coolant lol

I knew APC would come in to it.
Sod it, will order some. I keep putting it off but its time.
Best place to buy the stuff and how much (Size not price)?

Whats the best ratio to water to use?
Can I soak the caps in it?

I'm not bothered by lossing coolant, I'm tempted to buy a new one though, don't think I will be able to get it that clean.

G101 will be best suited to this as it's stronger than an All Purpose Cleaner.

G101 is best not used for interior work but is more of a degreaser. Autosmart G101 | Autosmart Car Care & Detailing Products

Heavy strength dilution is 8:1 (water/product) but you can go to 5:1. 30:1 is still quite good for more general duties so it'll last you years.

303 Aerospace will set it off a treat. Mist it onto a dry, cool engine, shut the bonnet and forget about it. Don't wipe it. 303 Aerospace Protectant | 303 Car Care & Detailing Products

Free UK mainland delivery on orders of any size from us.

:)

john at polished bliss or tim from clean your car will sort you out.

or ebay for the G101 mate nice and cheap.