cleaning car earlier !

bigdavie

please speak slowly so i'll understand !
Reaction score
guess what i found !
a blue cable !
a small bag with a tiny disc in ! had a look at the cable ! obd11 it says on one end ! with a usb end at the other !
ran the disc ! its a program for the audi ! take it this is vag com ?
cant make head nor tails of it ! gonna take the disc and cable into work for my it guy to have a look ! see what he makes of it !

anyone else ever find such things in their boot ?

yep sounds like you have a vag com cable and software but unless you have a code you might not be able to use it but you might be lucky

deffo vag com !
it has an oscilloscope program on it too ! also some revo software !!

if only i knew how to use it lol !

the Unliscensed version allows some pretty cool stuff but good at basic detection and switching off some of the warning lights. its not difficult to use but setting it up on a laptop can be a bit daunting as most of the usb devices are really usb to serial converters. and you have to identify the IO port in the software else it doesnot read.

Still worth getting working for a freeby

Max

so it still works without the password max ?

hmm might give it a whirl then ! does it still see and report fault codes ?

Yep it works what you cant do is some of the logging and advanced stuff like reprogramming individual parameters.

You can report most faults and reset warning lights and you can set your ECU so the car thinks is an 2.4 a4 instead of an a6. I wouldn't bother though I reset mine back as all the torque disapeared and hills became a real pain.

Did not seem much better just revved easier

check out ross techs website this is invaluable on what it can do in unliscensed mode.

have fun

Max