1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning Cabriolet Roof ?????

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by taylormartin, Sep 29, 2009.

1. taylormartin

taylormartin Member

[Sep 29, 2009]
    I recently cleaned my cab roof with some turtle soft top cleaner and it was basically ****, so does anybody know of any other good cleaners? Also whats the best thing to clean it with, i used a sponge, is there anything else available?
  2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

[Sep 29, 2009]
    Off the shelf, I dont think the AutoGlym kit is bad (halfords..) I quite like using their sponge in the kit to be fair..

I recentely had some work on a mk1. Golf cabriolet and used the 303 aerospace cleaner.. with a bit of light agitation, it came up quite well.. (just make sure you rinse thoroughly (cautious if using a pressure washer) and protect it afterwards.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

[Sep 29, 2009]
    ah, here you go, a 303 kit bundled together with some useful brushes at our very own Polished Bliss.

HTH
  4. taylormartin

taylormartin Member

[Oct 1, 2009]
    Cheers guy's, think i will give that stuff ago.:icon_thumright:
  5. heli_madken

heli_madken Member

[Oct 2, 2009]
    I agree the 303 stuff is great although I have found Renovo products to be excellent.

Whatever you do make sure that you apply a good sealer afterwards as the cleaning operation will remove any waterproofing and you will quickly get mildew growth, in this respect I didnt rate the Autoglym sealer at all

I recently renovated my roof if you look further down in this forum
  6. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Oct 5, 2009]
    303 Convertible Top Cleaner followed by 303 Fabric Guard for us every time... which is why we offer the same package, as kindly linked above! :laugh: