1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning and protecting Matt Black Alloys

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by TripleD, Feb 6, 2012.

1. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

[Feb 6, 2012]
    Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has asked the question about how to clean and protect matt black alloys.

What's the best products to use firstly to clean them? Then what can you put on them to protect against brake dust?

Here's the alloys in question:
    [​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

[Feb 6, 2012]
    Have they been repainted? If so, double check they've been baked/cured fully then I'd go with this: Wolf's Chemicals Nano Rim Sealant (Rim Shield) | Wolf's Chemicals Car Care & Detailing Products

Ultra durable, really slick and won't add much at all in the ay of gloss: it'll tend to ever so slightly darken the finish but that'll be about it.

To clean, any regular wheel cleaner will be fine: I'd go with Imperial Auto Finesse Imperial | Auto Finesse Car Care & Detailing Products as they don't look like they need anything too aggressive.

Once they're protected, a shampoo solution should be all you need or, if a few weeks are missed and they get dirty, use Imperial. It won't affect the protection on the wheels.

:)
  4. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

[Feb 6, 2012]
    Thanks John,
    They have been repainted, they were like that when he brought the car, so is unsure how it's been done. If it's not baked etc what else should be used?