Cleaned the injectors this weekend ... quite a difference!

vfr800

Reaction score
Hi

So I followed s3dave's Injector cleaning guide and the throttle/engine response is now much smoother and I seem to have a much nicer idle. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-*-diy-injector-cleaning-how-*-pic-heavy.html

Thanks to s3dave for such a good guide.

In addition I also bought a refurb kit from Mr Injector uk which included new viton o-rings, filters & plastic washers.

9539955865_3ce0a1064f.jpg

It was pretty easy to remove the old filters by inserting a screw that caught the old basket and then allowed me to pull it out, the old washers I just broke off. (you can see the screw in the old basket next to the ladies bum in the picture - yeah I know I didn't realise until after I'd taken the photos that the old newspaper I was working on had an advert for ultrasonic lipo on the back)

Putting the washers back on was a bit tricky until I got a 8mm socket an used that to push them on squarely.

The filter baskets pressed back in using a vice.

The packet says to use a tiny amount of DOT4 brake fluid on the seals to ease reassembly - and christ does it make it easy to fit the injectors back in the fuel rail and manifold.

Liam

Last edited:
Reactions: s3dave and Alex C