1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clean A6

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by JimC64, Aug 7, 2010.

1. JimC64

JimC64 Member

[​IMG]

Hey guys, just had a few bits n peices done to the car and had a few hours to kill today so thought I'd do a show n shine. Process took around 2 hours - could do it with my eyes shut now[​IMG]
    She's coming up for 3 and a half years old with 73k miles but she's in pretty good nick. She's washed once, maybe twice a week and things like tailpipes, door shuts, engine bay, boot shuts wheels and tyres etc are always done, so its usually a fairly easy job to keep on top of her.

Anyway - products used
    Wash mitt
    wheel brush
    Turtle wax shampoo
    microfubre towels
    Wet n black
    shoe shine sponge
    Autoglym vinyl and rubber

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 145KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 164KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 177KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 156KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 177KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 149KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 171KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 140KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 138KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 179KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 150KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x800 and weights 151KB.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 145KB.[​IMG]

Thanks for looking[​IMG]
  2. xs2man

xs2man Member

Very nice. Whats with the 3.0 badge on the back and the 2.0 under the hood though, lol???
  3. James.Asbri

James.Asbri Vorsprung Durch Technik

Haha Good spot, never noticed!

Car looks clean though, good job
  4. tdia4

tdia4 TDIPOWARRR

Was just about to say same thing about the badges.
  5. JimC64

JimC64 Member

[​IMG]

Lol..I know ( check out my profile )

I wanted the 3.0 but couldn't afford it at the time, had her remapped to 176bhp and thought what the hell? Took the 2 off and replaced it with a 3....stuck a Quattro there too[​IMG]
    There's also an Sline badge on the grille but it is of course an SE...Also has the Quatto aluminium insert above the glovebox, but its really an SE.

A bit of kidology and some cheap ( upgrades )...lol
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  6. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

looks nice and clean but if anything id have put a 2.0 badge on a 3.0 and then given people something to think about when you flatten them :)

you do know there will be peolple saying I raced a 3.0 a6 and he couldn`t get near me lololol
  7. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

Might as well stick an R8 badge on there :laugh:

Looks lovely and clean though
  8. JimC64

JimC64 Member

[​IMG]
    Nah, don't really do the race thing anymore, at least not seriously like I used to. Still have a burn here and there ane being remapped she can still shift
  9. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Car look nice mate! I like that blue when cleaned up.
    As for the badges, I would of removed them all on that side and just left the A6 and the rings on the bootlid.