1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clay Bar

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by a3daveo, Jun 5, 2007.

1. a3daveo

a3daveo Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    Hi

I like to look after my car (well the exterior anyway) and I have learnt loads through this site.

I do the wash, polish and wax every few months but after all this effort I can still feel tiny bits of muck on the surface. I've never used a clay bar before and from reading what other people say about them I know I'm missing out!

What make of bar and lubricant does everyone use and is there a partivular one that is better than the rest?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. madvw

madvw Active Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    just a cheapie meguires gold-class quik detailer and claybar kit from halfords here. Does me fine, and it feels smooth afterwards.
  4. MiT

MiT Work Hard, Play harder!!

[Jun 5, 2007]
    Thats what i used when i did it for the first time. I wound recommend it. Its mild its good for beginners.
  5. Boydie

Boydie Guest

[Jun 5, 2007]
    poor boys clay bar is very good too - lifts grime and tar a lot easier than the megs clay bar

check out polishedbliss or cleanyourcar websites for other options!
  6. stan

stan Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    Sonus green very mild good to start out on.For lub i use Poorboys spray & wipe, very lagre bottle, you can never have enough, even buy it buy the gallon & use it for drying & wiping down.
  7. DIABLO636

DIABLO636 Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    I bought Sonus grey by accident should have ordered green - Grey is a bit harder than green. Which might come in more useful when i use it on my fathers car......(vw passat taxi in one hell of a state)

Megs last touch quick detailer - by the gallon - dilute it with water 1:1.
    And use it to aid drying - excellent stuff - and smells nice too.

I used it for the first time recently and was very very impressed with the results - the looks better and paint is very smooth.
  8. a3daveo

a3daveo Member

[Jun 7, 2007]
    Thanks people. I'm new to it so I will have a go with the meguires gold-class quick detailer and claybar kit from halfords as mentioned.

Thanks again.
  9. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Jun 8, 2007]
    Digest this beforehand too, it will help you to acheive the best possible results first time round...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/guides_clean.html

For me, Megs Quik Clay is the product to go for when new to claying; it's very safe, easy to use, and good value for money.

:)