1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clay Bar

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by a3daveo, Jun 5, 2007.

1. a3daveo

a3daveo Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    Hi

I like to look after my car (well the exterior anyway) and I have learnt loads through this site.

I do the wash, polish and wax every few months but after all this effort I can still feel tiny bits of muck on the surface. I've never used a clay bar before and from reading what other people say about them I know I'm missing out!

What make of bar and lubricant does everyone use and is there a partivular one that is better than the rest?

Cheers
  2. madvw

madvw Active Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    just a cheapie meguires gold-class quik detailer and claybar kit from halfords here. Does me fine, and it feels smooth afterwards.
  3. MiT

MiT Work Hard, Play harder!!

[Jun 5, 2007]
    Thats what i used when i did it for the first time. I wound recommend it. Its mild its good for beginners.
  4. Boydie

Boydie Guest

[Jun 5, 2007]
    poor boys clay bar is very good too - lifts grime and tar a lot easier than the megs clay bar

check out polishedbliss or cleanyourcar websites for other options!
  5. stan

stan Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    Sonus green very mild good to start out on.For lub i use Poorboys spray & wipe, very lagre bottle, you can never have enough, even buy it buy the gallon & use it for drying & wiping down.
  6. DIABLO636

DIABLO636 Member

[Jun 5, 2007]
    I bought Sonus grey by accident should have ordered green - Grey is a bit harder than green. Which might come in more useful when i use it on my fathers car......(vw passat taxi in one hell of a state)

Megs last touch quick detailer - by the gallon - dilute it with water 1:1.
    And use it to aid drying - excellent stuff - and smells nice too.

I used it for the first time recently and was very very impressed with the results - the looks better and paint is very smooth.
  7. a3daveo

a3daveo Member

[Jun 7, 2007]
    Thanks people. I'm new to it so I will have a go with the meguires gold-class quick detailer and claybar kit from halfords as mentioned.

Thanks again.
  8. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Jun 8, 2007]
    Digest this beforehand too, it will help you to acheive the best possible results first time round...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/guides_clean.html

For me, Megs Quik Clay is the product to go for when new to claying; it's very safe, easy to use, and good value for money.

:)