1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clay Bar Marring

Chrismawa Mar 13, 2014

1. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Active Member

Clayes and polished my A4 yesterday. Cars got a nice shine now but as its a very dark colour, in the sun you can see lots of marring marks off the clay. Anyone got any advice on what I can use to get rid of these marks? By hand as I dont have a machine. Cheers

2. p1tse

p1tse Member

What do you mean by those marks?

Are you sure its not swirls from washing ?

J88NER likes this.
  3. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Active Member

Nah they werent on before i clayed. Car already had swirls these are different. Light white marks all over the car in direct sunlight. Im guessing some kind of scratch remover may remove them...

4. p1tse

p1tse Member

Sounds strange, light white marks?
    Did you not wash the car after claying?

Did you polish and wax after too?

5. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Active Member

Yep washed after claying and then polished with chemical guys all in one polish and sealant.

6. barkclark

barkclark Active Member

I discovered the same problem when I clayed my old car. Still got clay left and will clay this car. I too would like to know how to avoid/solution to this problem :)

7. DALE_AVANT

DALE_AVANT Member Audi A4 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group

Worth asking the question in the Detailing section of this forum :icon_thumright:

Detailing

Chrismawa likes this.
  8. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Active Member

Good point didnt think of that this is the only section I normally visit haha

9. krisavant

krisavant Active Member

Not enough lube, don't be shy with the stuff.
    Dirty clay will also cause it, not neading it enough.
    Also when doing the whole car with a bar, don't keep the same bar for next time, throw it away.

GeoffDunk likes this.
  10. p1tse

p1tse Member

Did you lube up pleantiful ?

11. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Active Member

Haha yeah. Using Bilt Hamber that allows you to use water as a lube. Kept the car soaking. Oh well I have been recommended just a good polish with something like AG SRP will remove them! That will be next weeks job! :)

12. bradh

bradh Active Member

did u wash the car again after claying?? i like to use a soapy lube (ooooooerrrrrr) when claying find it glides sooo much better and done not bite leaving the lines/marks u have

13. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Active Member

Yeah I washed car after claying. These marks are like thick swirls. Next time I think i will add something to the water to make the clay glide better.