1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classifieds rant, is it just me or GRRRR!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JayB5UK, Mar 8, 2007.

1. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Mar 8, 2007]
    Is it just me, or does it really pi$$ anyone else off when you have a look and they are just bloody full of dealers taking the micky?!

Such as Pistonheads, just had a look, used to be a few A4's (doing muy research preparing to sell) and now there are 5 pages of them, mainly said stealers all up for massive dollar. Findit.co.uk is the same for prestige makes, the odd guy like us, then loads and loads for £15k plus from one skinflint outlet.

You can afford the advertising to get a website, or pay for the Trader or Exchange & Mart, FFS!!!

RANT OVER
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. S3Andy

S3Andy Member

[Mar 8, 2007]
    Yes there are loads of dealer with adds everywhere!

As long as there are all selling the cars 1K-2K above what your going to sell it can only be a good thing IMO ;)
  4. nivagh

nivagh Member

[Mar 8, 2007]
    It's like Ebay - no way of filtering out the bloody classified ads from your searches. Very annoying!
  5. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Mar 9, 2007]
    Exactly, I just feel they should ban business from the free classifieds sites.
  6. Tim Stuart

Tim Stuart Member

[Mar 12, 2007]
    Yeah, but hang on a minute...

IF you buy from a dealer, you are buying with more confidence than if you bought privately. Firstly, all vehicles will have had the full HPI check, plus you'll get a warranty for at least 3 months - so at least you've got some comeback if anything goes wrong.

Also, you'll be able to negotiate on the price of the car you are going to buy if you are part-exchanging and you'll be able to get competitive finance (if you need it).

So I think there is a place for dealers to advertise within the classifieds (and I'm not a dealer and never have been).
  7. JayB5UK

JayB5UK Member

[Mar 12, 2007]
    Only if they bloody pay! GRR