1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

claiming through 3rd party insurance?

rasA4 Nov 3, 2008

  1. rasA4

    rasA4 Four Rings Mafia Specialist Team V6 Audi A4 saloon

    hi a driver hit the rear of my car (be it not much damage) nearly 2 weeks ago. we exchanged details he gave me his company name as its company car, i contacted his company they told me to contact my insurance, and claim and get it repaired through them. I really dont want to go down that route, as they will take so bl**dy long to deal with this and i will have to pay up my excess.

    i told his company i want to claim directly from them they said i cant. is this true?
  2. 205man

    205man Active Member

    yes i think they are right, but you should get your excess back and its their fault not your........i know i did when i had a third party driver hit me.

    have you contacted your insurance company to see what they have to say? if its a clear cut case that the other person is to blame / has accpeted liabilty , agrue that dont want to pay the excess and tell them to get other person to pay
  3. rasA4

    rasA4 Four Rings Mafia Specialist Team V6 Audi A4 saloon

    i will ring them tomorrow, see what they say
  4. NHN

    NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

    You would possibly have to pay the excess & then claim back as uninsured losses, you'll get your money back but thats why fully comp is as it says, but yes you can ask them for there full insurance details, these include the policy number, full details of the insurers to which you can contact them directly to arrange a possible quick fix, you could make a deal where they pay for the car to be fixed which saves them any other costs like whiplash claims etc, they do do this trust me, this is the quickest way, but if they dispute it then goto your insurers.
  5. AndyMac

    AndyMac Moderator Moderator

    The only time you'd have to pay the excess is if the other driver was not insured. You shouldn't even need to claim it back as it will all be done under the other drivers insurance, but you need to do it through your insurers to prevent fraud.
  6. jojo

    jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

    I've made a claim against a company car driver before, phone your own insurance company up and tell them that you have been hit and that they have admitted liability. They will ask the usual if you had any passengers, injury's etc, then insist that you want a straight claim against them and that you don't want to pay an excess towards the claim. Mine was dealt with swiftly and I had the repair fixed along with courtesy car all done in 2 weeks.
  7. Oranoco

    Oranoco Well-Known Member

    You need to contact your insurers and they then deal with the other guys insurance on your behalf.

Share This Page