1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CK3000 Evo and BOSE

alexkoon Aug 14, 2005

1. alexkoon

alexkoon Member

About to help my bro fit a Parrot CK3000 Evolution kit into his A3 Sportback. I have already fitted mine in my SB wiht an old CK3000. I used the Autoleads 119B mute lead which has the tel speakers + and - as well as the mute lead.

Just wondering can I skip the speaker wires to the tel + and - and use the parrots pass through on the main speaker harness (the iso 8 pin plug)?

i.e. The parrot has pass through so the old speaker harness from the Concert goes into the Parrot harness and the output /pass through goes from the Parrot goes into the Concert. Does BOSE complicate this step? Will the sound be LOUD as the I read that the BOSE has amps else where, possible before the speakers?

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

None of the Bose speakers are directly driven by the head unit, so you won't find any 8 pin speaker ISO on the harness. They are all driven by the Bose amp in the boot.

3. alexkoon

alexkoon Member

Thanks for the reply again. Been great help.

When I did my installation - if I remember correctly, there was four wires in the speaker harness, think it was the four middle pins. Would these be the output to the front and rear bose amps? A pair for the front speakers and a pair for the rear speakers?