Cigarette Socket died

MarkJL

Reaction score
HI,

The cigarette socket and trunk sockets have stopped working on my A4 B6 Cabriolet. Fuse 33 (15A) is good, and so is the fuse for the trunk socket (30A).

Checked the wiring to the socket and it is still in place - any ideas?

Will be probing around with a multimeter when I have day light to see what i’m Doing.

Did you check the fuse assignments and location diagram ON THE COVER because on my sons' Audi it was not Fuse 33 and it was a 20A fuse, which is different from what is stated in the Owners' Manual (to be fair, it does say to check the fuse assignments and location diagram ON THE VEHICLE as "specifications
HI,

The cigarette socket and trunk sockets have stopped working on my A4 B6 Cabriolet. Fuse 33 (15A) is good, and so is the fuse for the trunk socket (30A).
Checked the wiring to the socket and it is still in place - any ideas? Will be probing around with a multimeter when I have day light to see what i’m Doing.

Mark,
Did you check the fuse assignments and location sticker ON THE COVER because on my sons' Audi A4 it was Fuse 33 but it was a 20A fuse, which is different from what is stated in the Owners' Manual (to be fair, it does say to check the fuse assignments and location diagram ON THE VEHICLE as "Tip --always consult the sticker on the inside of the fuse panel cover. It contains the most up to date information...").

BTW the fuse was blown because a penny had found its way into the cigarette lighter shell...
:blackrs4:

Attachments

• 2965A9A9-9A61-4CD2-908A-F2B7BB591EDA.jpeg
    2965A9A9-9A61-4CD2-908A-F2B7BB591EDA.jpeg
    954.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Hi, Yes, first thing I did was check the fuse, turned out to be the USB adapter screwing it up. All sorted now thanks.