Chrome tailpipe tips

alex.stanley

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 2.0tfsi quattro s-line has black exhaust tips, and looks somehow incomplete / dirty - is this how it should be from the factory? I would have thought it should have chrome tips?

Cheers.

is it the s-line SE? mine is and it has black tips from the factory

yea the s-lines have chrome but i'm fairly certain the s-line special edition have black as standard, mine does, the same as the RS6 has chrome as standard but the RS6 plus has black

Hi all,

My 2.0tfsi quattro s-line has black exhaust tips, and looks somehow incomplete / dirty - is this how it should be from the factory? I would have thought it should have chrome tips?

Cheers.

I think you should get yourself some chrome tips then sell your black tips to me .......voila sorted

Mac

My '57 plate 2.0TFSI (not quattro) has chrome tips. They are a pain to keep clean! :) Sadly as I have OCD car cleaning I have to do battle with them frequently.

My late 07 plate (by late I mean it was a week away from being a 57 lol) 2.0tdi 170 S-line SE has chrome tips. Thought all SE's did.

Blimey what a load of responses! I didn't mention mine is a Special Edition (but yes, it is), but I'm not sure what's special about black exhaust tips.. I'd much prefer chrome ones, even if they do need a lot of care.

Are they easily swappable?

I also have black tips and would prefer chrome ones as I do agree they look dirty.
I actually tried polishing mine as I thought it was just soot :whistle2:

Have a look under your car, should be able to just kneel down and have a gander. My chrome tips are just welded over the normal ones so you should only need to purchase chrome tips and have them welded on. I'm looking to change my downturned chrome tips to flat straight ones. Been quoted £160 for the new tips and the changeover process though I've got a few other non-car related items I need