Chrome tail pipes

sharpr

Reaction score
The only disadvantage of going for a diesel rather than a petrol engined A4 is the chrome tail pipes on the exhauts that are only on the petrol engined cars.

Although the tail pipes on the diesel car point down the way, I was wandering if anybody could point me in the direction of chrome tail pipes that I could put on the end of my exhausts.

I can't help but is there much point?

Won't all the soot make them black extremely quickly anyway?

[ QUOTE ]
I can't help but is there much point?

Won't all the soot make them black extremely quickly anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be cleaned surely?

Best thing to do is buy the GMBH rear for the 1.8T from the Audi aceeseries cataloge and fit it to your car, this way you can modify the existing ehausts to fit the rear. A friend of mine did it to his, he cleans the car twice a month so you don't really notice the build up.

I've fitted the chrome tail pies to my A3 2.0 Diesel.They look a lot better than the originals that point down.
The only hardship is that you have to alter the originals so there's no going back.It's an easy job though.

Also i wouldn't bother buying the £40 Audi ones either(check out Ebay there are loads of non Audi exhaust trims for sale)
The Audi ones have little mounting bosses welded on the "out side" and they go rusty.I ground them off then got some 8mm stainless nuts tacked on "the inside"of the trim looks a lot better .If your exhaust is like mine 2004 A3 diesel the two downward pipes are just tacked onto a smaller straight pipe, you have to get these off.I just split them with a small grinder then using a pair o pliers move them back and forward until the weld breaks.it's a lot easier than trying to grind the weld off.Also if you de-badge it people won't know that it's a diesel (unless your standing next to it!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I've fitted the chrome tail pies to my A3 2.0 Diesel.They look a lot better than the originals that point down.
The only hardship is that you have to alter the originals so there's no going back.It's an easy job though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance you could send me a picture?

I'll get some pictures at the weekend.Sorry i can't get them sooner(heavy work load) tried with phone camera but pictures are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif. probably post saturday.

I fitted chrome pipes to my TDI but they must be cheap as they hav got a little rusty, I am looking for stainless steel pipes now which should sort out the problem.

AudiPlatehidden.jpg

I did exqactly this on my A3. I'd had the Votex kit fitted which squared off the back of the car and the exhaust got lost. So i went to powerflow and had 2 x 3inch pipes fitted.
rai.gif

Look the business.
audib4nafter.jpg

That looks cool Eeef, are they stainless? mine look a little crappy now think thats down to chromed up mild steel which eventually rusts

You could try these S/S tips, I asked the guy I bought them from and he could fit them to Audi diesels if necessary but would need cleaning fairly regularly

S4Pics6a.jpg

S4Pics4a.jpg