1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrome/silver indicator bulbs for S3

themanthatcan Apr 27, 2008

1. themanthatcan

themanthatcan Member VCDS Map User

Hi peeps,

Am going to be removing my facelift headlights in the next couple of weeks to paint/clean the insides black and guess I should replace the orange indicator bulbs with chrome/silver ones :icon_thumright:

Can anyone tell me exactly what bulbs it is I need to order, and maybe suggest somewhere nice and cheap to get them from (eBay?). I've done a search but couldn't find the info I need :shrug:

Ta,
    Andy

2. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member VCDS Map User

3. themanthatcan

4. S3Steve

I never buy cheap bulbs mate they never last as long as quality ones mate and they are a pain to change in the S3 so dont want to change anymore often than is necessary. I fitted PIAA main and sidelight bulbs when i fitted the Osrams.

5. themanthatcan

Fair point. The headlight bulbs are H7 fitments aren't they? And what about the sidelights?

Cheers!

6. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

still not got some of them Steve....and STILL taking my eye when i walk past the front of the damn thing:laugh:

7. S3Steve

Yes mate Main Beam is H7 and the sidelights are 501.

8. themanthatcan

Cool, thanks. Have ordered the Osram indicator bulbs and a set of Osram Nightbreakers as headlight replacements as I've heard good things about them.

More questions..can the xenon and sidelight bulbs be changed without removing the headlights?

9. scott_johnson

scott_johnson Audiless

Cant have owt these days!!! lol. Good work mate. If you noticed mine on 'black grille service, im running clear bulbs with black surround. Really looks good!!