1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrome S3 Mirrors

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by benhancock_uk, Jun 21, 2005.

1. benhancock_uk

benhancock_uk New Member

Up until now how been tempted to get the S3 chrome mirrors..... until I saw the price from Audi! I've seen a couple of cheaper options on the net but im sure the look / finish wont be the same. Has anyone done this??

I guess you get what you pay for.... (but £500!!)
  2. RacingTeatray

RacingTeatray Freezing in Moscow

Genuine ones do come up quite regularly on eBay though you've got to wonder where from...

They are usually cheaper - £100-200.

The genuine ones look heaps better becuase they are aluminium rather than chrome and yes you can tell the difference.
  3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

In-Pro bling bling chrome mirrors, around 65 quid

[​IMG]

Close up:-

[​IMG]
  4. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

they look pretty good Joe
  5. 6monthcarman

6monthcarman Member

Not sure i like the picture you get with them...........
  6. dik

dik Member

can someone post a pic of the satin ones from an s8 - like the ones s3bow has.... my (coming tomorrow) S3 has JBR chromes like the pic above, but the audi oem's sound ver different? anyone care to show us??
  7. dik

dik Member

right, they look a bit like brushed stainless.. v. different.. hmmm may have to upgrade mine...
  8. clarko

clarko Member

I personally feel you should never buy 2nd hand mirrors from ebay. it just promotes the theft of your nice shiney ones! The BMW community have a huge problem with the M3 mirrors and have petioned ebay to ban all listings for them without baseplates.

I am un-aware of how easy the audi ones are to pinch, but any way of stopping the scummy b@stards from knicking mirrors must be good. If people wont buy them, they wont steal them!
  9. Online

never really thought they were nicked but i suppose they could be. I have been watching out for some on ebay and can say the last 3-4 sets all went for about £250, a little too much for my blood - even saw last minute bidding at around midnight for a set!! If anybody here has put some on can they see a way to secure them to the vehicle. The idea occured to me that if you can afix a braided cable to the inside of the housing and thread it through with the elec wires and find a mounting point inside the door it would at least slow the stealing process down??
  10. mazzy

mazzy Member

ive had my original pair knicked, and da Fu****s dented da door wid a lil pinch as they snapped them off downwards. Gutting really then i bought another pair and well dey got knicked again but this time only da driver-side as i got out wen i heard my alarm. So another lil pinch dent and NO MIRROR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Finally got In-Pro 1's and not a prob yet, but im sure sum1 who knicks them can tell the difference.
  11. imported_gek

imported_gek Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    ive had my original pair knicked, and da Fu****s dented da door wid a lil pinch as they snapped them off downwards. Gutting really then i bought another pair and well dey got knicked again but this time only da driver-side as i got out wen i heard my alarm. So another lil pinch dent and NO MIRROR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Finally got In-Pro 1's and not a prob yet, but im sure sum1 who knicks them can tell the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a strange language you're speaking there.
  12. mazzy

mazzy Member

funni langwidje ey!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  13. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

u from dud-ly? lol
  14. jojo

He types exactly how he speaks IRL lol, respect Maz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  15. mazzy

mazzy Member

no not dudlay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif lol, fum Birmingham actually.

Its jus wen ur always txn u get use 2 it and anyway its not like i'm gonna get good grade or win summit if i use propa english etc, and i av ad da /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif taken b4 but its not my fault all u audi drivers think ur all POSH u knw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Sowi to all u jolly ol'chaps out there, i knw i dont meet da standards ov all u fags dat dnt take it above 3k revs n den complain about not avin any BOOST! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

No Offence, jus kiddin really!! But i must say u do get the odd few Audi drivers that are a little stuck up coz they got an AUDI.... BIG WOW!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
  16. RacingTeatray

RacingTeatray Freezing in Moscow

There's nothing wrong with being posh you know!

We're not all to55ers....
  17. s3bow

s3bow Member

Got mine from a guy on ebay germany. £220 delivered, brand new in vag box. He sells a lot to the UK. A few on here have bought from him. Do a search for threads on here regarding them. I've posted his link and ebay name on here before.

Chris.
  18. cclarke184

cclarke184 Member

I bought some genuine rs4 mirrors from said man in Germany and i am very happy with the look.

Chris
  19. mazzy

mazzy Member

jojo, u got them brakes sorted yet?
  20. jojo

[ QUOTE ]
    jojo, u got them brakes sorted yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not yet, been too busy mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif