Chrome roof bar wrapping

Chop.

Reaction score
Right Iv been Woking on this for a while and not getting very far

Who has had there roof bars wrapped, where was it done, and is it a good job that's gone last, I had my bars and window trim done with plasti dip but it was crap so I took it off ( on the plus side the car looked spot on all black )

I'm also waiting on a boy getting back to me with a price for all original black parts, rails and window trim but I'm thinking this will be big bucks

Cheers

I'll need to try as its bugging me now, there's plenty chromes on eBay but no black

Plus it means taking the head lining off and I know I'll break something :-0

Yeah that would be a fiddly awkward job. Was looking at mine and it seems like some kind of anodised finish in satin. Mmmm...if it's just finish Chop, and if you don't have racks, is spraying an alternative to plastidip?

Reactions: Chop.
If you're not going to use them then spraying is probably the easiest route, but wouldn't expect it to be very durable if you ever did end up using them (unless you wrap a small section before putting the racks on)

Spraying could be the best choice, don't think I'll ever use them, just need to find someone with lock up and I can do them myself

@Chop. I had my roof bars sprayed black by a garage in Currie. He did all my window chrome, roof bars, grille and rear diffuser for £350. They've lasted really well on the roof bars but few areas have flaked off on the window chrome where the paint caught on the rubber - will be getting these bits fixed after the sh*t weather has passed.

Photo below.
Black Chrome 1

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
Thanks I'm looking into painting now I think it could be the way to go, although I have found a nice set of carbon mirrors :)

Thanks I'm looking into painting now I think it could be the way to go, although I have found a nice set of carbon mirrors :)
Painting is definitely the way to go - I got a price of £1,950 for the genuine black chrome! Carbon mirrors would be pretty trick, although, it only cost me £30 to have both mirrors black. Do you not want to keep the brushed chrome mirrors?

Get busy with black insulating tape ;)

Reactions: Chop. and matt_cunningham1985
A roll of black vinyl tape and a Stanley job done

All chrome must go, the mirrors are proper chrome so just doesn't go with my black out plan, they will prob end up on eBay to pay for the carbon ones !

Reactions: xpoweruk
A roll of black vinyl tape and a Stanley job done

All chrome must go, the mirrors are proper chrome so just doesn't go with my black out plan, they will prob end up on eBay to pay for the carbon ones !
Have you thought about either getting yours carbon dipped or buying a cheap second hand set and getting them dipped, rather than buying genuine carbon ones?

Was just looking at them, on eBay pre primed and I might just paint gloss black

Was just looking at them, on eBay pre primed and I might just paint gloss black
I went gloss black on everything. The genuine black edition roof bars are matte but I wanted everything to tie in. What I found on the roof bars is that it's a textured finish to the inside of the rails so it looks matte but the rest is gloss. I'm hoping that this means it's a bit harder wearing on the inside when roof bars are attached...

I have got mine booked in to wrap the roof bars, window trims, grill and fog strips next week. All in gloss black.

I saw the bloke on Facebook doing some work on a Ferrari at their garage so thought he must be trusted.
I'm in Swindon and they are a local to me. The price seemed reasonable for what they are doing.
I'll get some pictures when it's done after Tuesday.

Aura Signs in Swindon. 250. Going in today.