Chrome air vent surrounds.

Dangerous

Reaction score
I have a 57 S3 with the silver plastic air vents and have seen the beautiful chrome ones on the TT. Can I fit these in my S3? And if so how easy and how much?
Thanks in advance as always.

Think they need to be turned 45 degrees right and then can be pulled out by gently prying them out using plastic tool (or a knife if you are gentle).

Cheers chaps! I suppose i'll need to get them from a dealership. Any idea of price?

expensive!

Go to a breakers - plenty of wrote off TT's about I am sure or german ebay!

As said, turn 45 degrees clockwise and you'll feel a notch, then just pry them out

Yes simple pull out push in.
I went to stealers and they said £80 each!!!
ebay is also an option but still not much cheaper

expensive!

Go to a breakers - plenty of wrote off TT's about I am sure or german ebay!

As said, turn 45 degrees clockwise and you'll feel a notch, then just pry them out

Turning them clockwise only closes the vents!

Yeah turning them does nothing, I've got the old style TT vents in my a3. Search for them cause out a few pics up. The old ones just slide out, there is a locating strip of plastic that guides them in and out.

So the old ones and the new ones fit then? Old ones are much more common on eBay and therefore cheaper and they both look much better than the plastic S3 ones.

You can get a set on ebay for anything between £60-100

They just pull out its easy be gentle though how much u want for the s3 ones ?

I picked up 3 Mk II TT ones for £40 plus postage and seen others on ebay so just going to wait for 3 to arrive then get another one. And TDI140 pm me an offer.