1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chorus to RNS-E Conversion

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by stevereid, Jul 26, 2010.

1. stevereid

stevereid Member

[Jul 26, 2010]
    Hi,
    And sorry in advance for asking a question which will no doubt have been asked 300 times before..however.
    I'm looking to convert my single Din Chorus to RNS-E, now I know I need a double din cage and to wrestle with it for a bit to get it to fit.
    What else do I need ? What adaptor cables do I need to atach the RNS-E to my Chorus wiring loom ?
    Any other guidance would be great.
    Cheers
    Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet VCDS Map User

[Jul 26, 2010]
    hi steve, double din cage yeh, difficult/ struggle, no ! its really straight forward mate, just time consuming, allow a couple of hours .
    youll also be needing a quad lock adaptor, a gps antenna and a ariel adapter and a disc ( map )
    to be honest, alot of rns-e's come with most ull need.
    theres a guy on here selling a mint one, pm him and see if you can have a deal, ask him what comes with it.
    youll need the use of vagcom too, this will tell the car it now has nav etc etc
  4. stevereid

stevereid Member

[Jul 26, 2010]
    Cheers for the reply 1Wheel,
    Am I right in thinking the climate control needs trimmed ? Is Vag-Com essential ? don't seem to have anyone local with it :(
    Any idea's who's got the RNS-E up for sale ?
    Ta
  5. 1wheelonly

1wheelonly cabriolet VCDS Map User

[Jul 26, 2010]
    here you go steve http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?101117-Rns-E-For-Sale

yeh, dont buy a new climate unit, a very easy trim down ( about 5mm either side ) and your old unit simply slides straight in its new lower location.

where abouts are you ?
    it will work but you really need coding for everything to run smoothly.
    do you have full dis ? again to get your map/ directions on the dis youll also need coding
  6. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Jul 27, 2010]
    worth doing the full DIS at the same time: otherwise you can't flick between directions and MPG / trip info.
  7. stevereid

stevereid Member

[Jul 27, 2010]
    I've got Full DIS, so one less thing to worry about :)
  8. itsmeagain

itsmeagain 1.8T Sport Cabriolet

[Jul 30, 2010]
    I changed from single to double din, and it was the best money spent. The RNS-E improves the interior of the car 100%.