Chops S4 thread

Chop.

Reaction score
Here's my beast in all its forms since October last year and its on going state of change due to my boy racer roots and mild OCD

Black 2009 Stronic S4 avant standard at purchase ( from Arnold Clark :flushed: ) 70k, ADS, Chrome trim

It's been through various changes in nearly a year so I'm going to stick up as many pics as I can, thanks for looking

First change was the standard filter for a piper cross and an all black rs4 grill

An STVbek style splitter from eBay....

Tinted windows 15% rear and side kept the front standard

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro, scotty76 and chucky1
Chop. As usual I can't open the attachments. Says they are unavailable. God I hate these things. Glad my car isn't designed by Mac. Gotta go to work. Will have a look tomorrow when I get home from night shift.

******** I think that was me ! They were all photos but now iv edited them theve Gone

Hahah don't worry your not the only one

Personally these cars are too quiet for the power they are packing so I had the front silencers removed to give a little bit more sound

Then I started blacking things out a bit, fog light surrounds and tail lights

Reactions: Klickflip
Looking spot on
U gotta link for the black splitter u put on the front?

Reactions: Chop.
A truly lovely job Chop.

Looks superb & stealth as fuark :)

Thanks guys once I get the kids out from under my feet I'll continue

@Lannerz27 ill go through my eBay see if I can find if for you

Second attempt at square front number plate

Worked better this time with a 8x6 plate

Removed rear diffuser and painted it black

Heko wind deflectors and chrome and black supercharger wing badges fitted

Last edited:
So last wk changed my mind on the whole de-chrome idea and restored diffuser to its original colours and removed chrome from fog light surrounds

Think it give it a bit more shape back and some detail

So to date this is where we are at

New 20" calibres fitted and brake Calipers painted yellow

Reactions: Bristle Hound, JG51 AUD, Lannerz27 and 1 other person
Looks sick mate well done with the mods it looks great.

@stav8124 thanks mate it's taking shape now and the list is getting smaller :grinning:

@Lannerz27 sorry mate iv had a look but the details are Gone from my eBay history and I did my usual and chucked away the paperwork

It was off eBay, fibreglass copy from a company in Ireland, needed cleaned up a bit painted and filled etc but was half the price of the real deal and looks the same , sorry I cant be much help

Just my thoughts. My favourite bit? I liked the black rear diffuser. That shot of the cars tail. Really simple and rather stylish. If a car looks good in a photo they normally look a lot lot better fleshed out. The blacked out fogs blended well too. Personally I like the roof rails in contrast, it has a nice sweep that shows off the roof line to me. Aluminium against black in a long line like that is a bit like guys putting black blades along the bottom. Window trim well, either or, I suppose. Anyway Chop purely just my thoughts. By the way, the wheels look good, so do the yellow callipers.

Just saw the photos in the rain again. Prefer the window trim in aluminium/chrome. Matching the roof rails and mirror caps.

Thanks Chucky always good to see what people think good or bad I welcome it

Yeh that's my dilemma right there, I like the chrome rails and the window trim too ( sometimes ) so I felt when the front was all black it didn't really tie in with the sides and same with the back I did quite like the back all black but I feel it lost a bit of shape when it was fully black plus same as the front I felt it didn't tie in with the chrome that was still there, so it was either get rid of all the chrome or bring some back in to tie everything together

I'm deff happy with it but I know what I'm like and I know I'll be changing. Things around sooner or later I can't help myself, I got the wheels with the stainless insert so they would tie into the chrome but there still very dark

Got a black and red or a chrome and black S4 badge for boot so will make a decision on that today ( then prob change my mind )

Cheers

Reactions: chucky1
Loving those new 20's chop, really suit the car, and the yellow calipers surprisingly go well with them.
JG

Thanks, I wasn't totally sure what they would look like on as there not the usual Audi style but think it was worth the gamble

Reactions: xpoweruk and JG51 AUD
Chop understand completely. I think the difficult thing is, is that a black car contrasts bright finishes so much. Or in the case of black trim, as you said, the back tended lose shape when you went ALL black. Mmmm... getting that right balance for yourself will be hard especially when your not against giving it a go to change things around a bit.

Reactions: jdp1962 and Chop.
Bit of re-badging today !

Needs a wash too :-(

Reactions: xpoweruk and chucky1
Chop IT's NOT ON STRAIGHT !!!!! What happened????

Nah just kidding. Looks good. I like the black badges.

Hahaha don't do that !

You know I'm Gona be looking at it every 5 min now to check

Reactions: razza1
@Chop. How did you tint the rear lights? Was it a bought in kit or DIY?

@onklen was DIY just some rear light tint spray off eBay, removed lights and gave them 3 or 4 coats till I was happy with shade

Well I went out yesterday in the rain for a look and I'm happy with it

I think !

Hahahahaha maby 1mm high on the right

Reactions: chucky1
All good. It looks straight from here. Big day tomorrow. Car becomes an animal.

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.

Reactions: kwstantinosk89, Kevin S4 Avant, Northampton_ofn and 3 others
Chop, looking sweet. What's the ride like on those rims?

Thanks

First proper run yesterday, I'd say steering feels a bit lighter quite noticeable in dynamic compared to what it was before so I might get tracking checked out

Feels overall lighter in the corners and off the mark but not sure if that's just the steering and a bit firmer Maybe just a tad less then my Mrs 1 series

I'm gone head out this wkd and put it under a bit pressure see how it handles