1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choice of default smilies?

SiliconS Apr 21, 2008

1. SiliconS

SiliconS Member

When I write a post I see 80 smilies jumping, dancing, shagging, getting flushed down the toilet, wearing a ninja balaclava etc below the text box, but I can never find the ones I want. Some of the smilies in the default list I've never seen anybody use so I'm wondering whether the box of default smilies could be shortened slightly so that:
    a) the page doesn't take so long to load
    b) I can find the commonly-needed ones (laugh, smile, sad etc.) without having to look through all the bizarre less-used ones

The bizarre ones will still appear in the pop-up window of 'More' smilies so people won't lose out.

The other day I was trying to find a simple :oops: smiley but couldn't. I think I spotted it once but after that I couldn't find it again. It was strangely irritating! :)

Any of the admins feel like helping me out? :weight_lift2:

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

You are not alone! Happens to me too! Just thought it was my age :keule:A good idea you suggested and I am all for it :readit:

3. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

It'd be useful if you could just type :) ;) :D X) :rofl: :oops: etc etc etc too to bring the image up.

<< well clearly you can... just need to know what to type... :tocktock:

4. Shades

Shades Member

It would help if the things appeared in some set order rather than the order of their popularity like it currently seems to do... Its a right royal pain in the arse playing hunt the smilie everytime you post a new thread/reply!

5. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

i'll take a look at the weekend..im away with work atm

6. james0808

james0808 Active Member

I thought that was just me with my **** eyesight.[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. SiliconS

SiliconS Member

Thanks Olly. :respekt:

:)

8. quattrojames

Any further thoughts on this .... ?

9. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

sorry bud this weekend has been manic, Im yet again im away with work next week. so, without trying to sound like a broken record......I'll have a look next weekend

10. quattrojames

No worries - I was just wondering as I had a specific smiley in mind to use earlier and couldn't find it anywhere when I wanted it!! :keule:

11. Shades

Shades Member

12. quattrojames

13. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

rofl !

14. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

OK, i've set it to display a few more, and when you click the quick smilie option it displays more there too.

I think this is going to be as good as it gets as there's no option to "order" the smilies.....

if you want an oops: one, let me know and I'll add the code to a certain smilie