chips ( not david dickinson )

ollyste

Reaction score
Having only had my S3 for about 6 weeks now i suppose im just learning about the car but i have noticed that sometimes the boost is not as effective as it is othertimes. Its like it accelerates like its totally standard.Its been chipped apparently to about 270 bhp but dont know by whom.
Its not a major worry for me but just curious thats all cos i know nowt about these things nor celebrity get me out of here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

depends on the revs your doing when you say the boost isn`t as effective. If your below 3k then it wont be.
or the dv valve could be sticking ???

I sometimes feel like this. I have a feeling there are a lot of factors that can effect the car. Temperature, revs, throttle position (and speed?), fuel etc etc etc. Sometimes I really feel the boost come in and other times it accellerates more like it's normally aspirated. I assume this is normal as I have heard it from others too but it could be that I have a minor fault.

Motronic is way too god damn tempremental for my liking! It always lets you down when you need it most...****** annoying!!

The dv valve seems ok as i can hear it.
Maybe it needs tuning? or is there a way of checking to see if its operating like it should do?
Is there only so long that a chip lasts?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

When you say you can hear your DV, what sort of noise is it? Does it make a fluttering noise? If so, it could be duff!

Mine flutters but I know it isn't duff. If you have a cone filter fitted (which I do at the moment, yuk!) then you'll clearly hear the DV flutter through the intake due to losing the sound-proofing of the airbox... obviously, if you don't have a cone filter fitted and it IS fluttering then it's kanckered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

T