1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chips for New People!

simondavidr Jan 3, 2004

1. simondavidr

simondavidr Member

I know i know this is probably the most common question posted here. I clicked on the link to Jabba Sport who say their re-map will raise my '98 1.8T to 195bhp which i think for £475 is a bloody bargain - however has anyone done this particular re-map and is this the most power i can get from my engine (without killing it!!) just with a chip?? Is there another chip which will take it over 200bhp?? Has anyone had any dealings with Jabba Sport - comments??

Cheers Si

2. simondavidr

simondavidr Member

Cheers for the advice guys i was looking into replacing the DV with an aftermarket serviceable item anyway - probably go for a Bailey item. Also does anyone know if S3 bumpers fit 1.8T and are they available aftermarket?? I suppose its a £££££££ Audi job!!

Si

3. Drill

Drill Member

Well, ya can't say I'm not honest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

4. simondavidr

simondavidr Member

Update - have replaced o.e dv with Bailey item and even fitted it myself!! HAPPY DAYS - i am now a whoooshing and a ptttssshing down the road. No performance loss that i can detect and looks lush under the bonnet.

Also found new chipping company a friend of mine uses - www.upsolute.co.uk chip and work is £305.00 inclusive and they travel to you!! I live inear Bristol and the guy was gonna drive down from Derby!! FAIR PLAY!!! Can also specify switchable chip fro extra £110.00.

BARGAIN BASEMENT

5. i take it you have the atmospheric DV then, im still well happy with mine