1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chipping and not telling Cont....

jiminniey2k Apr 1, 2004

1. jiminniey2k

jiminniey2k New Member

I started to write this as a reply to the previous post but then it lead onto a new subject, so:

I guess to sum it up we could say that it is possible to get away with it by being a bit crafty (having the car picked up yourself after an accident and getting a trustworthy mechanic to replace the original chip). However, you're still running a small but very critical risk if you have an accident, get found out, and this accident causes serious injuries and you end up footing the medical bills + repairs to his new Zonda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and have to leave the country...

I suppose now I have to decide if the extra power is needed enough to justify the risk. Even with the standard BHP it is still a 137mph car. It's speedy enough to overtake slow moving cars on those country roads quickly and safely.

But on the downside I cant help feeling the performance is inadequate, like i said before my mums machine, even though it looks [censored] it still has 200bhp. With all these jap cars on the roads these days it must be pushing the average bhp up, even though they look like [censored] with bits of cheap plastic all over the place. Most of them make my 150bhp seem like nothing. Have a look at this list:

http://www.motorboost.co.uk/

click on the 'Bhp Listings' try and locate the audi 1.8t (its right at the bottom a couple above the ford mondeo) I know some of the figures here are a little questionable, but as far as sports cars go (mines a 1.8t sport) it makes mine seem like a major underachiever.

hmmm, I'm open to discussion...

2. sash

sash Member

dont sweat it mate, there is always gonna be something faster than your car out there, even yo mamas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I noticed the Ford f150 on that list and it reminded me of a story my mate told me. He was on the M42 when he saw a new m3 speed past, right behind him was the f150. To cut a long story short the f150 done the M3 (my mate put this down to the speed limiter in the BMs (he has a bm also), and the fact that the jeep was a HarleyD F150).

I dont know if thats worse than being beaten by your mum, tough one to call /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

I know i was in the car with one of my friends and he got beat by a normal F250. He drives some like rice rocket Honda Civic with the works done to it except for being blown.

4. excursion

excursion Member

So true! "cubes not cams" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif