Chipped up, never heard of...

A3-frankie

Reaction score
Hi, another chip tuning related post. Seems to be a lot of them,I have read about most places that do it and peoples opinions exceptfor one company called 'chipped up uk'.

It is a place not far from where i live that i stumbled across by chance so i popped in for a quote and a chat. i was quoted £295 for my A3 TDI 130 and to expect power in the 170's. As much as i likea bargain it seems rather cheap, which makes me a bit un-easy. And secondly power in the 170's seems quite optimistic when most estimate around 160. On second thoughts though jabbasport rekon 186 is possible.

Apparently they use a 'viper2' program.
www.chippedup.co.uk

Has anybody heard of this company before or have a view on it?

I had my A4 done at chippeduk in brosmgrove and they was even cheaper at £225.170 is easily done i got 175.

Just had my 2.8Q non turbo done and the difference is Amazing!

I used Jayson at ChippedUK too and i tell you what best £250 i ever spent!

** and next time i'll check the post dates before i reply!**

do they rollin road test it or anything, looking at gettin my 1.8TQ done?

cool, just wondering, if i get to see what its running after, hopefully a bit over the 200 mark. In that case, i'm booking in for feb. :)

i got my roling road remap from chipped uk yday. they did a power run before and after the remap. I was dissapointed with the results from the first power run. It showed 160bhp and 165lb/ft of torque.
But the results after the remap were truly unbelieveable. 212 bhp increase of 52bhp! And 222lb/ft of torque.

cost £300 and was worth every penny!!

did they give you the choice of 2 remaps? they have told me one for 35 bhp, and one for 45 bhp! Ta

no they didnt offer any other kind of remaps. they stated me an icnrease of around 40 - 45 bhp for my car from . I dont think chipped uk offer generic remaps.

However they do something called live mapping, they say its ideal for modified cars. Mine was completely standard so this wasnt really an option.

i have booked my remap for saturday, gettin my a4 and my bro's v6 cougar done, no rolling road tho :-(

I believe that if your car is standard they use a generic remap, which can be done without a rolling road but if you have modified parts they 'live' map the car on a RR to tailor the remap to your mods.
Not 100% sure at this at all! but that's what i understand from questions i have asked before

ak_quattro454 said:
i got my roling road remap from chipped uk yday. they did a power run before and after the remap. I was dissapointed with the results from the first power run. It showed 160bhp and 165lb/ft of torque.
But the results after the remap were truly unbelieveable. 212 bhp increase of 52bhp! And 222lb/ft of torque.

cost £300 and was worth every penny!!

thats a steep rise i would be just making sure you boost levels are not through the roof or you will be replacing the turbo very soon