1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chipped paint

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by audi_driver, Apr 27, 2007.

1. audi_driver

audi_driver S LINE

Just washed the car and found my paint on the bonnet is chipped, kinda like a small crack:crying: Is there a way to repair this? not only that my car has been shat on twice after i washed my car! had to hose it twice :puke2:any bet when i walk out of this house again ill see bird poo again
  2. RobinA3

RobinA3 Active Member

how do you mean 'a small crack'?

if its a standard stone chip then give halfords stone chip kit a go, i have used one on mine and its pretty damn good.
  3. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

I had the same thing happen me two weeks ago. I washed the car and found a chip about the size of two grains of rice just above the near side headlight.

I bought the touch up kit from Audi. £5.75 inc VAT. I've not had time to use it yet, but it looks to be what you need. It is a small can of misano red paint and a small can of laquer. I think they are 75ml each, but can't be certain on that.
  4. sat1983

sat1983 Member

2x9ml actually. Just bought mine from audi too. Top stuff and surprisingly cheap!
  5. steve184

steve184 Active Member

defo don't go near the halfords stuff - the colours never match, get the audi stuff and it will match perfectly
  6. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

that sounds more like it! dunno where i got 75ml from.

have you used it yet? if so, any tips on how to do it?