Chipped bonnet sepang

davieg

Reaction score
Hi guys. Got a tiny chip on the bonnet of the s3. It's through to black and was wondering what's the best way of fixing small stone chips?

Use a tooth pic and flow a tiny amount of touchup paint into the crevice. Repeat, then apply cutting polish on a cotton bud to level.

Check this OCD satisfying, err, I mean professional, video to get some great tips ;)

Reactions: Mr.G, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Haha brilliant. Thanks for that I'll try and give it a go.... Or get a pro to do it!

As above fill with paint but then I flat with 3000 grade wet & dry then go over it with a DA and light cutting compound to bring back to gloss. I've also heard that for metallics to get the colour match better that mixing the colour base coat with lacquer works well.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Jassyo06
How much was the touch up pen mate? Always handy to have as no matter what you do or how carefully you drive, chance always seems to find a stone headed for the bumper, bonnet or windscreen.

Hope it's not too bad a chip, good luck getting it sorted. Hate stone chips with a passion, have one on mine too, only small though thankfully.

Let us know how you get on!

G

I think it was like £13 quid for the pen set, including delivery

How much was the touch up pen mate? Always handy to have as no matter what you do or how carefully you drive, chance always seems to find a stone headed for the bumper, bonnet or windscreen.

Hope it's not too bad a chip, good luck getting it sorted. Hate stone chips with a passion, have one on mine too, only small though thankfully.

Let us know how you get on!

G

Reactions: Mr.G
Very reasonable. Think I'll order one too.

Wish I'd got some protective film applied now, I'm still in the wrapping car with cotton wool stage, bit silly really as its bound to get marks and chips over time.

To those who have done a chip repair, just build up the paint into the chip and machine polish flat? I have a rotary, problem is the car has crystal serum and EXO freshly applied a fortnight ago. Not sure what to do, any advice would be great.

G

Reactions: S3LVX
Cool I'll get one ordered up when I get home. Tiny wee chip but it bugs my happiness haha

Reactions: S3LVX
Very reasonable. Think I'll order one too.

Wish I'd got some protective film applied now, I'm still in the wrapping car with cotton wool stage, bit silly really as its bound to get marks and chips over time.

To those who have done a chip repair, just build up the paint into the chip and machine polish flat? I have a rotary, problem is the car has crystal serum and EXO freshly applied a fortnight ago. Not sure what to do, any advice would be great.

G

Mine has a Gyeon coating but I've found that building the paint up, flatting down and a final DA polish works fine - just try and keep the area to a minimum.