Chins A4 - S Line content.

Cheers !

I havent done much to it lately due to other things so no updates im afraid ! Ive got a few bits and bobs planned for edition though :)

As for the noise, i haven't fitted any valves or anything - the whoosh sound is just the vanes in the turbo opening/closing ;) You can hear it more if you (like me) drill the bottom of the air box and remove the silencer and backbox , it sounds even louder if you remove the car as well :)

Dude, iv just read through this again as I'm looking at doing some more stuff to mine too, how bad was it getting the rear rubber perches out? I might want mine doing but my adjusters sit on top of the spring with the AP's so not sire if I can, is it rattly or harsh ride without the rubbers in?

Hi mate, to get the bump stops out you need to put the car on axle stands on both sides , jack up the rear axle on one side, undo the big bolt which holds the damper in place at the bottom, get the jack out and let the axle drop then do the same on the other side. Then use some spring clamps to compress the spring and yank it out , take the bump stop out and put the spring back in. It will feel a bit loose but it will position itself as soon as you drop the car back onto the floor :) If your adjusters sit on top of the spring then just get rid of them as well :) I didn't notice any difference in ride quality tbh :)

Nice one mate, that's what I'll be getting done then but I won't be doing It cos I'm abit pants at all that stuff and have very limited tools.

Wonder if a garage would even get what I mean? The rubber stops sit under the springs then yeah?

You get my text other day?

Was it you that txt me then ? Sorry mate my phones been dodgy and had all the numbers deleted off it ! Ill txt you back in a minute :)

The rubber bit sits on top of the spring then the adjuster cup sits on the bottom :) That's how i fitted it anyway when i've put the coilovers on :) I think if you go to a garage then they should be able to sort you out however go to a backstreet garage or something coz i think i garages like kwik fit etc might not want to get involved.

Im happy to lend a hand if you fancy a trek up north !

Mine is the other way round, my adjuster is on top an the runner mount on the bottom, I spoke to a guy at DPM who said that was right, I could come up at some point and we have a look at it, you'd have to send me your post code so I know how far apart we are.

Thanks man.

Well i couldnt have fitted mine in any other way , i had to fit the adjuster cup to the bottom so it sits on top of the axle and is secured with a bolt , then the rubber bump stop has a buldge on top of it so it goes on top of the spring and then slides into the chassis i suppose :S

Anyway , it's TS14 mate :)

65 miles, 1h 20 mins. Not too bad, I think I might pop up one day f you don't mind and we'll have a look at it, I like learning how to do stuff like that anyway. You not going to AITP? I was gonna suggest a convoy down.

It's this Sunday the 7th, there is 55 of us from Audisport so far but I think less than 10 are B7s, it's only £5 per car and can pay on gate, should be a good day but it's Kettering so a bit of a drive.

When would be good for me to come up? I work shifts so any day is fine.

Text me if it's easier cos I'm kinda hijacking your build thread here mate!

I havent done much to it recently apart from a service and some new tyres on the front :huh: I might get a few bits and bobs done before ed38 but mostly likely more will be done before Ultimate Dubs next year :clap: Here's a few pics i found from VW Festival on Sunday

192831_234083949969572_149874618390506_752345_2896285_o by Chin., on Flickr

226058_10150277250158177_515638176_7876874_2681728_n by Chin., on Flickr

290119_264186580260183_100000065292750_1140472_4809271_o by Chin., on Flickr

287048_10150742600650360_614870359_20038960_6282445_o by Chin., on Flickr

289100_10150742600545360_614870359_20038957_8277377_o by Chin., on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

I was there too mate but didn't see you, was you only there Saturday? I got there on Sunday at about 12:30 god damn traffic!

That's rubbish, I walked round the whole thing and never saw your car. Gutted.

Yeah sound mate, I have next three days off or not this weekend but the one after.

Drop me a text.

Hello, take it as a good thing then !

Havent updated for a while as theres nothing really to bore you lot with. Just trying to keep it clean and fix whatevers broke.

I had a brand new water deflector ( the one that goes behind the wiper arms, below the windscreen ) knocking about for quite some time so decided to replace it the other day as the one that was on the car when i bought it had little chunks of plastic missing from it, looked like someone tried to praise it off with a screwdriver or something - idiot. Also replaced the coolant reservoir and put some fresh G12 in it ;) Engine bay finally looks clean as the old bottle looked really mucky. Lastly i've picked up a brand new arch liner for the drivers wing as mine got ripped off @ cumbria VAG a couple of month ago, i managed to bodge it back on but it flew off on the A19 a few weeks back , hopefully ill get it fitted tomorrow when it stops raining. I've tried to get a last minute mod done before edition but it looks like the part won't be here in time, damn US bits =/

Cheers for reading !

Since i didnt go to edtion due to work etc , i thought id treat myself and the old girl :blush:

Got myself some US spec marker reflectors , thanks Lodgey :clap:

314710_261384407225291_100000612003876_858632_5720563_n.jpg

I thought due to the shape etc it'd be a ***** to cut out the correct shape in the bumper, HOWEVER since it's a VAG and it's put together by clever Germans , Herman must have thought it would be a good idea to leave a template on the inside of the bumper win win win :clap:

315343_261384447225287_100000612003876_858633_3611767_n.jpg

Done

317591_261384537225278_100000612003876_858635_7831624_n.jpg

Really happy with it , should have the rear ones next week :laugh:

Here's a few pics i was gonna upload in the last post :huh:

FxCam_1313755124646 by Chin., on Flickr

Some brand new screws for the new arch liner , anal or what ! :lol:

FxCam_1314466085719 by Chin., on Flickr

New arch liner in , almost

FxCam_1314465845663 by Chin., on Flickr

and here's how much i had left from the old one :ph34r:

FxCam_1314465815220 by Chin., on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

wow! you really drice a damn hot audi! the fog lights are interesting.

Cheers mate , fogs are no more as of this morning ! Everyones done them now so it's back to "standard"

Right, i havent updated this for a while so here goes :laugh:

I got some red rear side markers ,fitted them ages ago but got no pics yet ! It's a bit rough but the car will go in for paint next year anyway :blush:

I was planning on doing this for a while now but the fact that everyones done it now kind of helped me get my **** into gear and remove the LaminX of my headlights and fogs , so :

This is what she looked like this morning :

IMAG0051 by Chin., on Flickr

And then with no LaminX :eek:

IMAG0052 by Chin., on Flickr

Got something special planned for the headlights soon , hopefully before the meet :huh:

The more eagle eyed viewers will notice that i also fitted a LCR splitter on the front, it's still not low enough though :(

Got a few more things coming and that but i thought i'd just keep the thread alive ! Need to sort out some full car shots soon as my photography does it no justice whatsoever :(

Ciao ! x

Looks absolutely sick, favourite a4 ever, making me wanna swap my a3
Side markers look wicked, I've got some lying around ready to fit, where did you get your plates from? I've got u.s plate recess with import plate but it's slightly too big, you running on coils? If so which ones?

Thanks guys ! :)

Plates i got of ebay , eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I think i bought 12x6 but theyre a little too narrow for the recess on the front so i think 13x7 would be spot on :)

As for the coilovers , yes i am static and theyre the cheapest coils you can get made by TA Technix , search on ebay i think they change their name to Tuning Art now , search for shop called Hot Tuning ;)

Cheers

Yeah no problem just give us a shout !

Got a couple of bits for sale.

Genuine Water Deflector - £5 used but in good condition , does the job
Pair of B7 Headlights - they were the early spec one with orange indicator lenses but i took them off so they look like the later spec ones. £100

Cheers

nice private plate dude, how can you run that car so low!!! haha looks the nuts! you will need to keep it well clean all the time to match your plate ;)