Child seats?

TDI

Reaction score
Not been on here for a couple of months due to new job. we are expecting our first baby and wanted your recommendations or feedback on child seats that you guys use.

what is good all in one system or separate setup of pram and child car seat?

Cheers

K

mitch78 said:
We got ours via ebay from a store in Germany for £210 all in, about £150 cheaper than buying over here.

Cheers for the link Mitch, do you know the eBay store name that you used to buy yours from?

When your child is bigger move on to the Start, will last untill child is about 12 years old. My two use them and find them nice to use. Dead easy to adjust when they grow and to swop between cars. Even the grandparents can fit them. Have a look at one without the covers on! Its a real seat not a polystyrene cup.

We use recaro young sport bought through the Recaro Ebay store, by far the cheapest, well was 5 months ago
42c2_1.JPG

http://search.ebay.co.uk/recaro-young-sport_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR10QQssPageNameZWLRS
my little boy who is just 1 use it too and it is very easy to fit and clean

we used a Maxi Cosi one for 3 years with my little girl which was also good
but couldn't remove the covers

they both got the same seat, go from 9 months to 12 years

IN-A3 said:
Even the grandparents can fit them.
This made me giggle!! I know older people can sometimes feel patronised and complain about being treated like babies but really... lol! :lmfao:

Claires got an isofix Maxi-Cosi seat in her car and we bought the same non isofix seat as a spare for the the parents to use when the need it.

Definately recommended, easy to get the little fella in and out, easy to clean (the cover comes over with very little effort)

Easy to fit - obviously the isofix one is a doddle but the normal seat is very easy to securely locate.

They might not be the cheapest but definately recommended. I think the isofix one was about £210 and the non isofix around £90. That was 5 or 6 months ago

J.

I have the same as marriedblonde - the Maxi Cosi Cabrio I think it's called, with an ISOFIX base. Came top in a group test by a parenting magazine (forget which one), and after a year with it we've had no problems. Really good product. Paid around £200 which included the seat and ISOFIX base.

We went for the Mamas and Papa's Primo Viaggio. Good Group O seat (rear facing). Its not Isofix, base fits with seatbelts and then chair clips to base Isofix style but fits well with no movement. The little fella is three months now and seems very comfortable. On the down side its a bit bulky but I guess thats the price you pay for wrapping them up in cotton wool.

What ever you decide fit the seat in yor car (and the missus's) to be sure of fit & get a seat protector if you have leather.

Good luck with everything...its the best thing that'll ever happen to you (delivery of an R8 may come somewhere close mind).

Andy

also got the mammas and papas system works well jsut as said very bulky. Will get a propper child seat when the little one is bigger but for now she faces backwards