1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheep exhaust options?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Mi11ar, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Mi11ar

Mi11ar Active Member

May 19, 2013
    Hi guys after a cheep exhaust for my 99 A3 1.8T Sport not after spending loads, budgets about £250, £300, doesn't have to have a Cat-Back or anything as I'm just going to de-cat it and throw the Cat on for MOT.

Any suggestions?
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Max M4X WW

Max M4X WW Member

Jan 3, 2010

JudderMan Active Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Do you have the decat/downpipe already? If not, that adds £90 or so. I'm not saying you should do this but I am adding the 3" DP and decat, reducer (£17), TDi mid section (eBay £20) and a new rear box/silencer (£60 eBay) (as I don't want it to be too fruity or have to cut the bumper). I just need it to not be raining and I'll fit them...

This is my 'cheap' way of getting a new exhaust and some more flow from the 3" parts. You could add a different rear box which I've seen on eBay for £130. My way would be in total including decat would be under £200. If you already have the decat/downpipe then a 'system' would be around £300 I think for Milltek, as far as I know. There are other companies such as Powerflow (TyreSpot do these) but not sure how much they are.