Checking genuine mileage using VCDS ??

That's done to individual dealer practises, some do, some don't, don't worry yourself if there's no discrepancies.

Cheers for the reassurance. But still a little worrying to now know that something may suddenly and unexpectedly appear at a later date which could compromise the car's saleability and value? I would like to think the Dealer did do the full checks and wonder why they're not all required to do it if so quick and simple??? Strange!

Yes it only supports certain ecu's & years, so that's the issue.

Some cars use the cluster for mileage only & some use ecu & cluster, so 2 places.
Apologies for digging up and old thread..

I bought a skoda superb II last week and a mate plugged in his copy of vdcs today to give it 'the once over' and when he tried to read miles it said 8km / 4 miles. He's not 100% sure but he's questioning if it's clocked!???

He swears his program 12.12 should read all 1.9 tdi skoda cars and says it might be reading 8km/4m if someone has blocked it or clocked it.... is he right?

Do you know any reason why it won't read correct miles as 8 / 4 is obviously wrong.
I'll take it back to dealer to get my money back if it is clocked but wd obviously like my facts straight first.

Thanks.