Checking full specification from reg

lukechris

Reaction score
Hi

I have done a search but it didn't really pick out what I was looking for. I have just ordered a "12" reg lease car, specifically an Audi A3 Sportback 1.6 TDi SE 5dr with start/stop. I have the registration number however I want to verify exactly which shape this is, the slightly older 8P or the newer 8V. The pictured car was an 8V. I also know the car was registered 25/06/2012.

If anyone could check the reg "FR12 LUJ" and let me know this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Hi

I have done a search but it didn't really pick out what I was looking for. I have just ordered a "12" reg lease car, specifically an Audi A3 Sportback 1.6 TDi SE 5dr with start/stop. I have the registration number however I want to verify exactly which shape this is, the slightly older 8P or the newer 8V. The pictured car was an 8V. I also know the car was registered 25/06/2012.

If anyone could check the reg "FR12 LUJ" and let me know this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

To do a proper check we would really need the VIN number rather than the registration number. Is it being purchased from an Audi dealer. If so they should be able to tell you exactly which model it is. If you can get the VIN number we can get a full print-out of all the codes that were used to build the car which indicates all the options fitted as well.

My current Sportback has the reg no of FR12 and was first registered on 2-Mar-12 and it is an 8P model.

Hi and thanks for the reply

No the car is being ordered from a third party leasing firm. I now also have the VIN number, am I ok to PM it to you to check?

Cheers

I'm pretty sure the 8V was launched in September 2012, so would be an 8P

Hi and thanks for the reply

No the car is being ordered from a third party leasing firm. I now also have the VIN number, am I ok to PM it to you to check?

Cheers

Yes by all means PM it to me. It may take a couple of days to get the information as I have to request it from a forum in the US who in turn have to request the data from the central Audi systems in Germany.

I'm pretty sure the 8V was launched in September 2012, so would be an 8P

The first Pricing and Specification Brochure for the 8V was issued by Audi UK in May 2012. But I agree, looking at the model details on ETKA production seems to have started in September 2012.

Thanks - I've sent the PM. Can anyone confirm the 8P had a 1.6 TDi with start/stop? I thought that was only in the 8V although I may be mistaken.

Does anyone know where there might be a sales brochure for the car or somewhere that lists the spec of the 8P Sportback SE?

Thanks a lot for all the responses

Luke

My VIN has '8V' in it anyway which I assumed was a reference to the model... can you not just tell straight from the VIN?

Sorry I've found that you can get the stop start 1.6tdi.

Cheers

My VIN has '8V' in it anyway which I assumed was a reference to the model... can you not just tell straight from the VIN?

Yes the VIN that he has sent me has 8P in it so it is definitely an 8P, but I'm getting a full 'Car data' printout for him anyway and sending him a copy of the last Pricing and Specification Guide for the 8P which Audi UK issued in October 2012.

My current (for a few more days!) 2012 Sportback was built on 9 February 2012 and also has the Start/Stop system.

Id love to get this done for mine, would you mind me sending you my VIN number and letting me know all the options it came with as i really dont know. I mean i dont even know what speaker system i had, its got the sub and amped speakers atleast from what i can hear!!

You should be able to just open the boot and look to see if there is a subwoofer! B&O has the light strips around the front speakers when ordered with the interior light pack, and apparently speakers in the D pillars as well.

LOL i thought it may be hidden behind the lining over the rear arches, there aint no sub in plain sight in the boot! Thats what confused me the most.

Well it def aint B&O then as i dont have that, but its a loud sound system regardless. I need someone who actually knows about the extras to look at this, Ive got heated rear seats and a ski hatch, and some one who had one said i had the black edition because i have the black grill but i dont have a flatbottom steering wheel. It is a S -Line aswell

Id love to get this done for mine, would you mind me sending you my VIN number and letting me know all the options it came with as i really dont know. I mean i dont even know what speaker system i had, its got the sub and amped speakers atleast from what i can hear!!

Yes OK. Send me a PM with your VIN number.

LOL i thought it may be hidden behind the lining over the rear arches, there aint no sub in plain sight in the boot! Thats what confused me the most.

Well it def aint B&O then as i dont have that, but its a loud sound system regardless. I need someone who actually knows about the extras to look at this, Ive got heated rear seats and a ski hatch, and some one who had one said i had the black edition because i have the black grill but i dont have a flatbottom steering wheel. It is a S -Line aswell

The sub should be under the boot floor, inside the spare wheel. If you don't have one, then it's the standard system. If you have one but no spakers in the D pillars, it's the Audi Sound System. If you have both (and possibly the LED strip lights on the front door speakers), then it's B&O.

I'll have a check on lunch, im sure it doesnt have one in the spare wheel. If thats how good a standard audi system sounds then i dont think id ever need to upgrade it as when theres song with alot of bass in playing it feels as if theres a small sub in there

For anyone with an 8V - just register on the myaudi website,
Enter your VIN

And it will return your car build, with all options etc.

For anyone with an 8V - just register on the myaudi website,
Enter your VIN

And it will return your car build, with all options etc.

So you can, cheers! I already had this info from the US forum but good to see it here too.

So you can, cheers! I already had this info from the US forum but good to see it here too.

The slight advantage of the printout from the US website is that it gives your all the PR 3-digit codes as well as things like the sales type, date of production, engine,gearbox and final drive codes, exterior and interior codes. If you use a copy of ELSAWIN these are necessary to get details of your particular model. They can also be useful when checking on parts in the ETKA parts catalogue.

Having said that, the myAudi list is more plain English although it does use the German model names rather than the UK ones. Attraction = SE and Ambition = Sport. There is no separate name for the S-Line as this is an add-on package in Germany.

I'd also like to confirm I entered my chassis number into the My Audi site and it pulled everything back for my 8P too, works well!

Cheers

I thought I should probably post in here, rather than starting a new thread on a broadly similar subject. I've just registered my car on myAudi but some of the details are wrong. It lists the exterior colour as Maritius Blue pearl effect, rather than the Glacier White metallic I have on all my order paperwork. Given that I haven't actually seen the car yet, this has got me slightly worried... Also, under Technology and Safety, it states that the car has Audi Drive Select - the car has the 6 speed manual gearbox rather than the S-tronic auto; I thought Drive Select was only applicable to S-tronic cars, or have I misunderstood?

This input from h5djr was helpful though, as I was also confused as to why the car is listed as 'Audi A3 Cabriolet Ambition Sport 1.6 TDI 110 PS 6 speed'.

Having said that, the myAudi list is more plain English although it does use the German model names rather than the UK ones. Attraction = SE and Ambition = Sport. There is no separate name for the S-Line as this is an add-on package in Germany.

Does anyone know how I can query the incorrect information and have it changed?

I thought I should probably post in here, rather than starting a new thread on a broadly similar subject. I've just registered my car on myAudi but some of the details are wrong. It lists the exterior colour as Maritius Blue pearl effect, rather than the Glacier White metallic I have on all my order paperwork. Given that I haven't actually seen the car yet, this has got me slightly worried... Also, under Technology and Safety, it states that the car has Audi Drive Select - the car has the 6 speed manual gearbox rather than the S-tronic auto; I thought Drive Select was only applicable to S-tronic cars, or have I misunderstood?

Does anyone know how I can query the incorrect information and have it changed?
Don't worry, it is Glacier White, it is just a bug in the system. Yes, Drive Select is also on the Manual model. Also if you spec'd the B&O sound, it shows as branded and not B&O.
Panic over LOL.

Reactions: Relliott6879
Drive Select is standard on both manual and auto models. The number of modes varies depending on specification. I'd certainly speak to the dealer about the colour!

Don't worry, it is Glacier White, it is just a bug in the system. Yes, Drive Select is also on the Manual model. Also if you spec'd the B&O sound, it shows as branded and not B&O.
Panic over LOL.

Drive Select is standard on both manual and auto models. The number of modes varies depending on specification. I'd certainly speak to the dealer about the colour!

Well, every day is a school day, I honestly thought Drive Select was an auto-only function that dictated gear shift behaviour (ie higher revs in 'sport' mode etc) and had completely ignored it. It seems I now have some reading to do. :icon thumright:

Reassuringly, the picture comes up as a white car. I realise this probably looks rather staid and pedestrian to all you S3 boys, but to me it's a thing of beauty and a cause for much eager anticipation!

29487c5e-2a34-4017-9dc1-fcbfc18a8e7d_zps76a977a6.jpg

I just entered the VIN number for my new car that was supplied by the dealer and it says not recognised

Mine did that last night when I tried it. I gave it another go on the off chance this morning and it dropped in. From reading other posts in this thread, it seems to be just a matter of waiting and re-trying periodically.

i was told by dealer on my 8v sportback that because it had tech pack it had upgraded soubnd system but no mention of this anywhere. i def dony have b&o, but do have 40w sub in spare wheel in boot so think i have audi sound system, but no mention of it when looking on my audi. mine was ex loan car from dealer and purchased after was 6 months old on 31/7/13. sounds good but wish was b&o. does anyone know with b&o if you get more powerful subwoofer?
thanks to all. Chris

There is no connection between Tech Pack and Audi Sound System (***) - they are separate options. If the car has a subwoofer in the spare wheel well then it definitely has *** or B&O. You can tell if it is B&O because there are LED lights above the speakers in the front doors and they say B&O. I've no idea whether B&O has a more powerful sub-woofer than *** but the latter is certainly loud enough for me!