1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

check if xenons and bose fitted

deebow Mar 28, 2012

1. deebow

deebow New Member

Hi
    seen a a3 that im looking to go see tomorrow but just wanted to know the sellers advised it got xeons and bose stereo fitted. how would i know fi this is the case. is there any tell tale signs i should be looking for
    thanks

2. mx_rab

mx_rab Member

Bose on the speaker covers in the doors. The xenons will be super bright

3. quattro81

quattro81 All the gear.. No idea

+1 .... And the lights will power up when first switched on rather than snap to full brightness like a normal head bulb would

4. Rob2k68

Rob2k68 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 DSG

Think xenons require headlamp washers by law so also look for the pop up washer cutout in the bumper.

5. mjr901

mjr901 Parts Manager - (Main Dealer) Gold Supporter Audi S3 Audi Main Dealer

xenons have the glass ball sphere shape inside the headlight, I don't think normal lights do.

6. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost Regional Rep VCDS Map User Gold Supporter

Xenons will warm up and auto-level when they're turned on, very obvious compared to standard lights. As for Bose, look for logo on the speaker grilles, and a lot of headunits will say Bose when they turn on (though not the RNS-E).

7. audigex

audigex Active Member

RNSe doesn't show BOSE when turning on that I've noticed. In fact, I don't think I've noticed it anywhere other than the door speakers and sound quality.

8. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost Regional Rep VCDS Map User Gold Supporter

That's what I said, not RNS-E. The Concert and Syphony ones do, iirc.