Check function

Daniel Schou

Reaction score
Hey there

I am new to this forum i been looking a little around and i see some posts about the dashboard check function.

I recently bought an Audi a6 3.0 tdi which drives great. - To mention it is my first Audi

I discovered the check button and i pressed it.

Various symbols occours in the top of the display but thats all. No sounds no animation no text. I suppose it just cycling through the test ??

I saw to other posts that it is suppose to say ok.. but it is not.

But when im driving and press it no symbols appears.

I saw on YouTube some people used the function and underneath big animated and alarming symbol were showen. I guess that does indicate something need attention.

To my car it is no animated icons or any text describing any problem. Does that mean the car is in good shape?

Btw there are no lights comming when driving.

Thanks

Daniel

it won't work while driving i don't think

if there are any errors it will highlight them, if there are none, it just cycles through and does nothing

it won't work while driving i don't think

if there are any errors it will highlight them, if there are none, it just cycles through and does nothing

That was what i hoped to hear :)

Yesterday when i tried the check function i got worried and i looking in the handbook.

Which is not in my mothers tounge. But i understand oil pressure low ( in swedish ) and say dont drive.. so man...

It has sure been a nailbiting trip to work this morning.

Thank you very much for your answer AndyT306. I appreciate it

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
no worries... if it helps the car will usually alert you if there are any problems, you don't need to keep pressing check :)

Yes that was also what i thought.
But running the check and seeing all that creeped me out so i connect my 5usd obd error reader... but i was not sure that device could be trusted tho

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

If you want a bi more of an in-depth check on your car's systems, I would advise getting yourself VCDS.

Very handy tool, lots of features and you can begin doing some cool VCDS mods :)