1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest way to impove looks/performance?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A3matt, Apr 4, 2010.

1. cooltempo

cooltempo Heavy DERV clatter

[Apr 5, 2010]
    cheers mate! Audi in stoke have checked my chassis number etc and seem to think the standard soul black fabric FCA will fit, £155 all in, with template and bracket etc..

and thanks for the wheel suggestion, they are definitely nicer than stock. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Mo
  2. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Apr 5, 2010]
    Good advert for parking sensors....
  3. cooltempo

cooltempo Heavy DERV clatter

[Apr 5, 2010]
    I knew I'd get some stick for this ;)
  4. Lewbo

Lewbo OEM Retrofitter

[Apr 5, 2010]
    i seen that s3 on bluecycle was going pretty cheap i thought when i saw it. the s3 is an easy repair, wouldnt of minded bying it myself but insurance is way too much as im only 19 so sticking with the s line for now. good luck fixing the a3 pal, going to need it. just hope you dont run into other problems like i did and have to spend more than planned. there is alot of work trust me.
  5. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

[Apr 5, 2010]

well pie eyed mate, im ony 800 for the insurance, benifits of being 21 :)
  6. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    VIC check is primarily to confirm the vehicles identity, ie not ringed/doubled up etc.

I didnt think they looked at the repairs too much, if they do its pretty easy to conceal shoddy work, I would never trust a VIC test, ive seen plenty of shoddy repairs on cars that have gone through the test.

Good luck with the project anyway, got the car for a decent price and £1000-1500 tops should see you done, if you know painters, panel beaters etc then your laughing.

Only thing that would worry me is engine damage, has it gone that far back?

As for cheap improvements, performance wise theres not a lot you can probably do, doubt a remap would be worth it. Just facelift parts and im sure when your getting your bits out the breakers there might be some nice bits from better models you can get cheap eg leathers etc.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  7. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

[Apr 5, 2010]
    engine is far back anyway witht eh 1.6 just looking at new radiator and ac rad if it has ac
  8. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 5, 2010]
    Bet your wife was glad she wasnt driving it lol...... it happens I guess, good repair though!
  9. ghouseman

ghouseman Gazza

[Apr 5, 2010]
    If you dont get it on a jig you'll be crabbing down the road. I've seen cars with less damage going sideways. If you're gonna do it. Do it right, good luck mate.
  10. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    A jig is ideal, but wouldnt go as far to say as it will be 'crabbing down the road' without one.

It looks like the wheel has moved but after repair a proper 4 wheel geometry measurement will get it 95% there without a jig and measuring it all up. Biggest problem without jig is getting panels to line up IMO.

If he replaces all the subframe and wishbones etc, im sure it will be ok anyway, it doesnt look hard enough to have damaged chassis where the subframe mounts.
  11. A3matt

A3matt Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    [​IMG]

here is another picture from the drivers side.....
  12. mdre83

mdre83 Member

[Apr 5, 2010]
    You have your work cut out there mate, good luck with it though hope it works out :icon_thumright:

Keep us updated...
  13. phil76

phil76 Active Member

[Apr 6, 2010]
    I would say £1000 above for parts alone,you would be lucky to get everything 2nd hand,is the engine ok does it run? but panel there is bonnet,frt panel,rads,headlamps,bumper reinforcer,brackets,frt bumper,airbags,i would say suspension,wings,is that the fuse box hung down,has the screen gone?,i work in a bodyshop myself and yeah things repair suprisingly but i would have stripped the car a bit more before i made the purchase because as it is here hidden work is sometimes the killer and if thats been wrote off without been stripped there must be some heavy damage,we have to normally strip them if looking anywhere near the valuation and as that hasnt been that would worry me,Not saying it cant be done or been negative i hope things do work out ok with it