1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest place to buy tyres?

russwuss Aug 10, 2013

1. russwuss

russwuss Active Member

To a quick question before I commit to buy some new rubber :)

Looking for Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 2 225/45/17 - best price so far is £93 each from formula one auto centres.

Got these tyres after reading through numerous tyre threads on here :)

Thanks!

2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group Manual

Have a look on camskill, or even try some local independant tyre places, they are actually pretty well priced.

3. russwuss

russwuss Active Member

Thanks mate.

Camskill come in at £85 delivered.. Not sure how much places would charge for fitting. Ill give a few more local places a call tomorrow/Monday - rang a few today and some couldn't even come close, most I was quoted was £150 per tyre!

4. thegoal007

thegoal007 Another S3 owner....

There's also the Asymmetric 1 not quite sure what the difference is between 1 and 2.

asdatyres where you can get them fitted at a number of garages near you for about a tenner more per tyre , £102.54 - that for asym 2.

5. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

Halfords autocentres when booked online are very cheap.

6. russwuss

russwuss Active Member

Thanks guys!

For some reason halfords don't offer the asym2 online :-/

Not sure what the difference is between 1 and 2 either, other than the speed rating. However they're still a little more than my best price so far.. It's looking like I'm best just going with F1 auto centres