Cheapest insurance quote on s3

went to insure only my parents and another family member only i.e 59year old 60year old and 47year old on my S3 as an option as I wont be driving it all of April and May = £199!! with a £200 excess!

Last edited:
went to insure my parents and another family member only i.e 59year old 60year old and 47year old on my S3 as an option as I wont be driving it all of April and May = £199!! with a £200 excess!

That's very clever putting on older people then you I did the same put mum and dad and came down a lot.

:)I'm not the main driver on the S3 anyway although I own the car and am the legal keeper etc now before anyone says that's fronting it isn't as this car is a second car that lives away from where I work and live. I find that putting someone in the 50-65 ish bracket is alot cheaper but putting someone 40-50 isnt as good as the previous age!:eyebrows: however putting someone on 65+ is like putting on a young driver:(

I got £250 trough confused admiral

went to insure only my parents and another family member only i.e 59year old 60year old and 47year old on my S3 as an option as I wont be driving it all of April and May = £199!! with a £200 excess!

I am very envious of both of you! mines 3-4x what you two are paying... there may be a little bit of hatred right now!

I am very envious of both of you! mines 3-4x what you two are paying... there may be a little bit of hatred right now!
wow how old are you then ?? that's a quote without me (22yr old) on it but with me on I'm looking around the £350 mark with £400 excess for myself.

:( I'm 29, but i've only had my license for 3 years and have 3 years no claims (never lost my license, no points etc etc, just a late bloomer on the driving scene as I didn't require a car). Some insurers wouldn't insure me on the S3 because they required a person to have had a license for 5 years.

My quotes were fully comp, SD&C, £250 excess, legal, hire car, which came to around £800.

36 years old with max protected no claims comes in at £237 with no excess. £306 if i add my wife whos had her licence for 1 day :)

£194 if i put on a £250 excess.

Si.

Aviva: Full comp, guaranteed car hire, legal protection, no claims bonus protection, £150 policy excess came in at £326 or £226 without the car hire/legal protection/no claims protection.

Adding my 4 years older sister to the policy reduced it by £20, hopefully she will never drive it, unless it's an emergency!

Could have gone with another company cheaper, but the cover was not as good, just things like if you have an accident and can't drive the car they will come out within the hour and take it away, take you and your passengers home and even get you another car, then once your car is repaired drop it back off at your house. The cheaper ones don't do that! Also keep an eye on the 'Uninsured driver promise', some insurance companies have it as standard, others hide it in an add on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Psyman79
Aviva: Full comp, guaranteed car hire, legal protection, no claims bonus protection, £150 policy excess came in at £326 or £226 without the car hire/legal protection/no claims protection.

Adding my 4 year old sister to the policy reduced it by £20, hopefully she will never drive it, unless it's an emergency!

Could have gone with another company cheaper, but the cover was not as good, just things like if you have an accident and can't drive the car they will come out within the hour and take it away, take you and your passengers home and even get you another car, then once your car is repaired drop it back off at your house. The cheaper ones don't do that! Also keep an eye on the 'Uninsured driver promise', some insurance companies have it as standard, others hide it in an add on!

Good point, always best to check whats actually included in the policy and not just focus on cost. And remember, once you have a quote, go to the site via topcashback etc and it'll be even cheaper :)

Adding my 4 year old sister to the policy reduced it by £20, hopefully she will never drive it, unless it's an emergency!

That's cheap for a 4 year old, how's she going to reach the pedals? :D

Reactions: RYuill and S32B
21 year old, 3 years no claims, 600-700 quid.

Ive been there I was 22 when I had brand new type r payed 2.6k 1st year. Confused give them cheapest quote. Im 30

Good point, always best to check whats actually included in the policy and not just focus on cost. And remember, once you have a quote, go to the site via topcashback etc and it'll be even cheaper :)
Last time I visited the site went down this time its going up. So will by from confused

I'm 65 and I've been driving accident-free on a full licence since 1966. I've been a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists since 2000 and have maximum no claims discount. I've just renegotiated fully comp insurance on my new S3 saloon down from £385 with Royal Sun Alliance to £299 with Ageas, subject to a £100 excess. Full breakdown call-out and get-you-home rescue cover is c/o CallAssist at £52.

Comparing with each other what we pay for our insurance is always going to be an inexact science, since the area of the country in which we live will play a large part in determining the premium. So too will our age and that of others included on the policy, the replacement value of the vehicle, the expected annual mileage and the use to which the vehicle is to be put (domestic, social, pleasure, business, hire, track day use, etc.)

As a matter of interest, when I had a driveway constructed a few years ago, I notified my insurance company at the time that I was then able to keep my car securely by the front door off the road, rather than out by the kerbside as before. They promptly increased my premium, explaining that statistically I was more likely to have an accident pulling off my drive than when merely pulling away from the kerb. The world's gone raving mad!

Reactions: lucas-suisse
Full breakdown call-out and get-you-home rescue cover is c/o CallAssist at £52.

You do know that you get 3 years FREE cover with a new Audi?

Roadside and at home
Roadside is available for the driver of any vehicle and any member for your Party. Roadside operates in the United Kingdom. Roadside is a separate policy to the warranty and comes as standard for three years with a new vehicle. Customers can renew after three years at a cost.

If you are stranded on a public highway (or other accessible road or area to which the public has the right of access) because the vehicles has had a breakdown, we will arrange for an Audi Dedicated Technician, or an AA patrol or roadside contractor to assist you. They will try and repair the vehicle at the roadside or at a nearby Audi Centre if it can be repaired within a reasonable time.

Roadside includes labour at any garage to which the vehicle is taken.

At home allows you to use Audi Roadside Assistance with ¼ mile of home or the place where you normally keep the vehicle.

Roadside and at home does not cover:

• Routine servicing of your vehicle
  • The cost of parts, fuel or other supplies
  • Replacing tyres or windows
  • Missing or broken keys. We will try to arrange the services of a locksmith if you pay them direct.
  • The cost of ferry crossings
  • Vehicles being used under trade plates
  • Contaminated fuel or incorrect fuel used in vehicle. However, we will arrange for the vehicle to be taken to a local Audi Centre for you to arrange to pay for any work carried out.
  • Any vehicle storage charges before, during or after any assistance provided by us.

Thanks S32B ...

I decided to let my current breakdown cover run to the end of its term (April), at which time I'll most likely cancel it and surrender myself to Audi Roadside, provided it's as comprehensive as the CallAssist. I'll need to run a comparison, but what you've written above looks pretty good to me.

I'm 65 and I've been driving accident-free on a full licence since 1966. I've been a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists since 2000 and have maximum no claims discount. I've just renegotiated fully comp insurance on my new S3 saloon down from £385 with Royal Sun Alliance to £299 with Ageas, subject to a £100 excess. Full breakdown call-out and get-you-home rescue cover is c/o CallAssist at £52.

Comparing with each other what we pay for our insurance is always going to be an inexact science, since the area of the country in which we live will play a large part in determining the premium. So too will our age and that of others included on the policy, the replacement value of the vehicle, the expected annual mileage and the use to which the vehicle is to be put (domestic, social, pleasure, business, hire, track day use, etc.)

As a matter of interest, when I had a driveway constructed a few years ago, I notified my insurance company at the time that I was then able to keep my car securely by the front door off the road, rather than out by the kerbside as before. They promptly increased my premium, explaining that statistically I was more likely to have an accident pulling off my drive than when merely pulling away from the kerb. The world's gone raving mad!
yeah it can be odd...i was quoted about £20 more if i said it was in a locked garage as opposed to on my driveway...go figure?!

Thanks S32B ...

I decided to let my current breakdown cover run to the end of its term (April), at which time I'll most likely cancel it and surrender myself to Audi Roadside, provided it's as comprehensive as the CallAssist. I'll need to run a comparison, but what you've written above looks pretty good to me.
No problem, that was from the Audi main website...just scroll down the page https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/...nties/audi-warranty-terms-and-conditions.html

I don't know why we do this.....

Pointless posting what we individually pay for insurance on our S3's - so many variables person to person, postcode to postcode, insurance company to insurance company.

It's fun all the same. Amazing what some of the young-un's pay for their insurance on the S3 :)

Reactions: David83S3
Amazing what some of the young-un's pay for their insurance on the S3 :)

A young lad (19 next month) has started work in our place, when he knew about me getting the S3 he asked about the insurance so I told him £326, he then told me that he pays £1920 for a 10 year old 1.2 Clio! :eek: I felt sorry for the poor lad.

Reactions: Pulp84

The other reason for the driveway increasing the policy is that the car is definitely yours to any would be thief and the keys will be in the house with the car parked outside. Likewise if you park on the street with all the other cars it slims the chances of your car being stolen apparently... ??

A young lad (19 next month) has started work in our place, when he knew about me getting the S3 he asked about the insurance so I told him £326, he then told me that he pays £1920 for a 10 year old 1.2 Clio! :eek: I felt sorry for the poor lad.

When I was 18, the insurance on my 1.25 5 year old fiesta was £2250!!

Just done and insurance quote for the S3 saloon

Full comp. protected NCD, £250 excess, garaged, wife & I to drive

£142.33 for the year with, ahem, Sheila's Wheels

I always use a few of the comparison sites, get the best quote and see what cashback is being offered thro' the likes of quidco or topcashback :thumbs up:

So many factors, I don't really see how you can draw any comparisons... e.g. my renewal was just under £400. That's 36 yrs old company director living in Cambridgeshre, car kept on drive, 8 years NCB, no points, protected NCB, 'like for like' hire car for full period of repair, legal protection, protected excess & 350 vol excess, £150 compulsory. Oh and missis on there too as named driver - she has 3 points for speeding... I can get quotes for less than £300 from some of lesser insurers that live off the comparison sites, in fact, I was getting them down to £250 when I had a play, but to me it's not all about getting the lowest quote, it's about getting the right cover and that costs. Once you claim on a Policy you soon appreciate having all the extras. e.g. mate of mine had his car insured with Swift Cover. Went with them as they were cheapest. Dinged his motor, claimed... had to cough up £700 in excess (vol/comp/own repairer) and then oops, didn't go for a decent hire car, so got a one litre sardine can for two weeks which when you think his car was a RS5... embarrassing or what... lol... and when he still hadn't got the car back, had to fork out for a daily hire... also lost a shed load of NCB in the process and he got ripped when he renewed as the insurer made no effort to fight his corner in the who was to blame stakes. All that from a minor prang on a mini roundabout where the other car failed to give way, then invented a witness to lie to the contrary (long story). The moral of this story? You pays yer money ...

Before exporting mine I was fully comp for £121 via Direct Line even for a LHD parked on a driveway in a rural spot, 42yrs old and never speed (or least never caught) :)
Now living in Europe much closer to 1000euro............boo

I'm 32 and was quoted £350, 5 years NC, although I did write off my GSXR which is on the insurance as a claim.

with my wife on it it's up to £900

but to me it's not all about getting the lowest quote, it's about getting the right cover and that costs. Once you claim on a Policy you soon appreciate having all the extras. The moral of this story? You pays yer money ...

english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg
:)

lol just ran mine again to buy/set it up and it's dropped to £301...couldn't set it up as it's not taking my reg number :(

lol just ran mine again to buy/set it up and it's dropped to £301...couldn't set it up as it's not taking my reg number :(

If your happy with the quote save it and go back when you reg is in the system. I saved £55 by using a quote I had from 3 weeks previous

Yeah that's the good thing, they email me each time with a new ref number so I have some back from January lol...but this is the cheapest even though the January one was an offer month!!! :)

Just done and insurance quote for the S3 saloon

Full comp. protected NCD, £250 excess, garaged, wife & I to drive

£142.33 for the year with, ahem, Sheila's Wheels

I always use a few of the comparison sites, get the best quote and see what cashback is being offered thro' the likes of quidco or topcashback :thumbs up:

Buga!! I have just signed up to my new insurance and forgot about Quidco!! Could have got £35 cashback!! ...Hmmmmm do I cancel and buy it again through Quidco??? Can I be bothered......Hmmmm......

Anyways ...my Insurance spec is:

32yrs old
10 years no claims
Fully comp
£530 paid annually (Esure)

I think my postcode is having a big effect ....I recently moved and my previous insurance went up £60 straight away!!

well if it makes you feel any better, 20 years or so ago in the anti hot hatch era when hot hatches were practically priced off the road, I was 26 and insurance with full protected ncd and no points or accidents was £1200 with £400 excess for a 5 year old Golf GTI 8v mk2. A few weeks later some plank drove into the back of my Golf GTI 8v mk2 and temporarily my insurance was £2500 until the ncd was reinstated after the claim was resolved. That was an insurer via via Adrian Flux too. One insurer quoted £4000. Well a certain part of Berkshire at the time had the worst car crime problem in the country which didn't help.

paying £360 for my s3

postcode doesn't help anyway

So many factors, I don't really see how you can draw any comparisons... e.g. my renewal was just under £400. That's 36 yrs old company director living in Cambridgeshre, car kept on drive, 8 years NCB, no points, protected NCB, 'like for like' hire car for full period of repair, legal protection, protected excess & 350 vol excess, £150 compulsory. Oh and missis on there too as named driver - she has 3 points for speeding... I can get quotes for less than £300 from some of lesser insurers that live off the comparison sites, in fact, I was getting them down to £250 when I had a play, but to me it's not all about getting the lowest quote, it's about getting the right cover and that costs. Once you claim on a Policy you soon appreciate having all the extras. e.g. mate of mine had his car insured with Swift Cover. Went with them as they were cheapest. Dinged his motor, claimed... had to cough up £700 in excess (vol/comp/own repairer) and then oops, didn't go for a decent hire car, so got a one litre sardine can for two weeks which when you think his car was a RS5... embarrassing or what... lol... and when he still hadn't got the car back, had to fork out for a daily hire... also lost a shed load of NCB in the process and he got ripped when he renewed as the insurer made no effort to fight his corner in the who was to blame stakes. All that from a minor prang on a mini roundabout where the other car failed to give way, then invented a witness to lie to the contrary (long story). The moral of this story? You pays yer money ...

this is the reason why I have 2 car cameras, front and rear, in my car to catch these liars.