Cheapest/best place for MAF

stapo69

All hail the mighty quattro!
Reaction score
Wanna change my MAF, car could run better i feel, think a change could only do it good on a car with 123k on the clock. Where's the best place to get em? Audi? Anywhere else?

Could try cleaning it first and if that doesnt work I would go direct to somewhere like eurocarparts and buy a bosch one. Ive been tempted by cheaper ones in the past and had nowt but bother with them. Its a trade in part so should cost you about £70 with you old one as a trade in.

Yep Pete is right, there is a surcharge on the old unit, so just take it off when you get there :p

Exactly the same as you get from audi, without the mug you pricing! :)

Cheers guys, I'll be doing that soon then.

Hello Lads,

I have a A4 1.8 and I would like to know how to change the MAF sensor DIY. My car has 87000 on the clock and is a bit erratic at low rev and the rpm drops right after taking off. I am not sure that it is the MAF but just like stapo says, it can only do good.

Otherwaise, how do you clean it?

Cheers!

Try unplugging it first to see if it sorts the idle out. Then if it is that, look for some info on cleaning it, I beleive you can use something like isopropanol or electronics cleaner, It might well be shot but cleanings worth a try if its gonna save you £70. Not sure exactly where it is on the B5 but I would guess just after the airbox.

MAF cleaning although okay on an NA car is a waste of time on the 2.7T. Get it replaced. YOu can run the car disconnected, but unless the car is chipped (which yours is not) it is hard to tell the difference.

As mentioned before... you need a health check done. Get the DV's checked over, make sure they have not popped, get a pressure test done for boost leaks & then get the MAF replaced. Guaranteed to transform the car... remap to be done soon too :p - then you will be grinning 24/7 :D

I have got my old MAF sitting at MRC. Only covered about 2-3k and was bought in March 06, taken off the car in November 06.

Wanna get it off to MRC soon, when I can get the money together!